1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Beatle Bass intonation question

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Eric Eric, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Eric Eric

Eric Eric

May 18, 2007
    Hi,
    I have a Brownsville Beatle Bass copy. Love it. However, I am not sure how to set the intonation. I can move the bridge around. right now, I have it on a slight angle to try and get my intonation perfect. any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Eric

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

It's been a whille but if I recall I belive you need to have the bridge at the same distance from from nut to 12 fret from 12 fret to bridge. Many of the freefloating hofner bridges required an angle to properly intonate.

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

Intonating a Beatle Bass with a floating bridge is not an exact science. Basically you move the bridge around until you can get your strings in tune.

Usually you can get two strings perfectly in tune (probably the E and A strings) and the other two pretty close. That's the accepted method. It seems to work fine. I've found that it works with my Jay Turser.

What I do is find the ideal position for the bridge and to make sure it doesn't move, I change strings one at a time. This way at least three strings are holding the bridge in place at all times.