1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Beatle bass tailpiece problem

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Eric Eric, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Eric Eric

Eric Eric

May 18, 2007
    I have a Brownsville Beatle Bass copy guitar. The problem I am having is, I want to change the strings and the "E" string on the new set will not slide through the tail piece. In other words, the wrapping by the ball end of the string is a little too thick and will not slide through the groove. They are GHS strings and I have read that many people use these on the Hofner copy basses, so I bought a set. any suggestions please?
    Eric

2. load the string though so that you dont have to squeeze the ball at the end though cus that is impossible so just load it though so that the string goes though the tail peice and the ball will stop on the correct side.

3. Eric Eric

Eric Eric

May 18, 2007
    The problem is, the string width , about 1/4" near the ball is a little too wide and will not slid through the slot.

4. ducatiman

ducatiman

Oct 3, 2006
    new yawk
    enlarge slot just wide enough to accept string....