1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Beatle Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thomshaw, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Thomshaw

Thomshaw

Apr 11, 2009
    My Dad passed away and he had a bass in his closet. It is a Twen Star Klira. I have tried to find out about it but I cannot find any images like the one I have. All the basses I've seen have the cat eyes cut in the face. This is a solid face. Cann any one help me know what I have?

Attached Files:

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    the Cali Intergalctic Mind Space
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Pics please.

3. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
    Sorry about your dad. I suggest starting a new thread with Klira in the title. Add a photo. You will get your answer.
    I have a cat's eye Klira Twen Star.

4. emblymouse

emblymouse exempt Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2006
    W'Sconsin
    Lakland Artist Endorser
  5. I have never seen a Klira bass without the cats eye sound holes but if anyone would know about it Thornton Davis will. I am sure he will see this and post. In the meantime I would love to see a photo.

6. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
  7. Papazita

Papazita

Jun 27, 2008
    Ohio
  8. There is a photo of a solid top in that other thread. I can't believe I never remembered seeing one. Anyway I like it alot. I want to find one now.

Klirabases001.

9. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

I know of the 357 Super Star, which doesn't have the sound holes. Is it a bolt-on neck? Have three knobs and a finger rest on the G string side? I'm not familiar with a Twen Star without f-holes, but I'm far from an expert.

It's from the late '60s and they are well sought after. Pretty decent basses. I'd get it into playing shape and enjoy it. They probably sell for about $400 or so on eBay these days.

Put flats on it and play Beatles tunes!

10. p5string

p5string

Aug 21, 2004
    Webster, NY
  11. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    It's a Klira "Star" bass. Not a Twen Star, although they have the same body.

The "Star" was a economy bass, with none of the upgraded features of the 356 Twen Star. The 357 is the Super Star which was the fanciest (deluxe) version they built.

TD