Beatle's gear

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by patrickroberts, Apr 28, 2003.

1. patrickroberts

Aug 21, 2000
    Wales, UK
    what's the best website wherer i can info on the kind of gear that the beatle's used to record with, u know amps;effect - the whole kaboodle! any suggestions?
  2. I think there's actually a book on all the equipment the Beatles used. It's very large, and though I don't remember the title, exactly, I know it should be relatively easy to find, and I would imagine that there is a section on recording gear used.
  3. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Here's a link to the best site on the web for Beatles equipment.

4. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    As for effects... well, it's not like you really had effects boxes in those days, y'know. In fact, I think George Martin & Geoff Emerick pioneered many of those effects themselves. But it was done manually, by fiddling with the tape recorders and so on.

If you've got any specific songs in mind, I might be able to help you out - but "what effects did the Beatles use" is sorta a broad question!! They did a lot of experimenting in the studio.

But if you're looking to recreate them yourself... well... a reel to reel tape recorder, and plenty of time might be what you need :)