1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Beatles medley

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pcollin, Sep 26, 2008.

1. pcollin

pcollin

Dec 22, 2005
    Portland, Maine
    We're a 5 piece cover band and get good feedback from our Beatles covers. Unfortunately they don't really go well together back-to-back (one is slow, one isn't). We were thinking about maybe doing a Beatles medley. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it as upbeat as possible. Thanks!

2. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Drive My Car
    Day Tripper
    I Wanna Hold Your Hand
    She Loves You
    Penny Lane
    Something
    Magical Mystery Tour
    I Saw Her Standing There

For instance.... :)

3. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    As someone who plays it every show, I can tell you "Something", included in the list above, is a pretty slow song.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I think "I Saw Her Standing There" followed by "I Feel Fine" would be cool...last note of "ISHST" fades into the feedback intro of "I Feel Fine".

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    "Twist and Shout" is always a crowd-pleaser. People also seem to like "Please Please Me". Both are good rockers and have nice harmonies.

6. steve21

steve21 Banned

I think the middle section of "Day in the Life" would be fun.

7. Howlin' Hanson

Howlin' Hanson Lighter cabs, please. Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Austin TX
    Smart alec. :)

There were a number of songs on side two of Abbey Road that are already a medley, including She Came In Through The Bathroom Window, Polythene Pam, etc.

And there's always Sgt. Pepper/Help From My Friends, and Sgt. Pepper Reprise/Day In The Life...hmm, seems like we were just there. How many pieces in your band? A string section?

8. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Of course I know it is. I added it there because I think it would be good to have some contrasts. It might sound a bit boring to have only uptempo songs in it.