1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beautiful 200 Year Old German Bass for Sale

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by Beaglebass, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Beaglebass

Beaglebass

Oct 18, 2010
    Los Angeles
    This is a fine old instrument of high quality, estimated to be over 200 years old and probably of German make. It has a beautiful curved back and is in excellent condition. I have used it professionally for the past 25 years in the Pacific Symphony, Los Angeles Opera and the Hollywood studios. The bass has a big, warm sound and plays very evenly throughout it's range. Until recently it had an old Horst low-c extension which sounded great. However I had this removed recently in order to restore the scroll which had been cut when the extension was installed. It now is ready for a more modern extension if you wish to add it. All repair over the years has been done by Lisa Gass at Los Angeles Bass Works. This is really a high quality instrument that would be twice the price if it were Italian or English. I am in the Los Angeles area and invite you to come play it anytime. You can see more pictures on Facebook at "Ludwig Von Bass". The asking price is $42,000. Contact me by email at CKollgaard@aol.com

Attached Files:

2. Jason Sypher

Jason Sypher Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    She's a beauty.

3. Tightanic

Tightanic

Oct 26, 2000
    NYC
    Agree, extremely beautiful, I bet it sounds awesome.

4. majormishap

majormishap

Nov 22, 2010
    philly pa
    Sweet looking bass......when I hit the 'lotto' you'll hear from me.......lol