SOLD Beautiful flame-top USA-made 5-string Peavey Millennium Plus

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Oct 1, 2016.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    Well, as it normally goes every year, I'm selling off a few basses to pay some bills. And because I love my Drake custom so much...possibly build another Drake custom. Naturally the basses I play the least will be the first to go. Since I only play 5-string at home in my living room, this baby is going on the block.

Since you are on Talkbass, you probably know that Peavey Millenniums are some of the finest and most underrated American-made basses in history. I've owned a handful of them in various string configurations and colors. This one has a beautiful flame top (I believe tiger eye is the name of the color) over an alder body, three-band 18v preamp with sweepable mids, 35" scale, 18 mm string spacing, very tight low B. She weighs approximately 9.2 lbs (unscientifically determined) and balances beautifully.

This is a player's bass but is still in good shape. You can see on the back, by the ferrules, there is a piece of clear coat missing. There are some other scratches, dings, and swirl marks throughout the bass, but nothing terrible. I am finicky about my gear and none of it bothered me. Action is stupid-low and plays like a dream.

Generic Fender-ish hard case included; not in fantastic shape, but it works and will keep the bass safe for shipping and gigging.

If I could afford to keep 7 basses AND pay bills AND build another custom, I would keep this, but the way life is right now, I need to sell at least two, probably three basses. My loss is your phenomenal gain.

$500 + actual shipping continental U.S.

milly3.jpg
    milly1.jpg milly2.jpg milly4.jpg milly6.jpg milly7.jpg milly5.jpg
    milly8.jpg

2. Are there dings or dents on the neck? Can I get a few more pics of the clear coat damage and other dings/dents?

3. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    @richntiff
    I'm not home right now and won't be until late but the neck is pretty clean as I remember it. I'll double check tomorrow AM and will try to get some more pics but the clear coat missing are pictured is by far the worst of it, and it's not even really that noticeable in my opinion. There are some scratches on the back, nothing awful. Though a bit difficult to photograph.

4. Sounds great thanks!

5. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    @richntiff - and anyone else who may be interested:

Two small divots on the back of the neck, otherwise very clean. See below. As for the scratches and clearcoat chip, I did the best I could with some more pics (below) but it's hard because the gloss black finish on the back reflects like a mirror.

If you are looking for a great deal on an amazing 5-string bass with very high end features, you will not be disappointed.

IMG_20161001_232532406.jpg IMG_20161001_232546180.jpg
    IMG_20161001_232741196.jpg IMG_20161001_232800385.jpg IMG_20161001_232809771.jpg

6. Fred312b

Fred312b Proof that gear doesn't make you a better player Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    These are a phenomenal values- does not play or sound like a $500 bass...

7. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    No, easily has features 2 or 3x the price.
    Need it sold though, ASAP.

8. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    I'd be all over this if I hadn't just bought one. These things are amazing, and the price on this is a steal. GLWTS!

9. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Thank you.

10. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Let's get this one sold, people. PM me.

11. Supadope

Supadope Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Louisville
    My goal is to leave the world a cooler place than when I arrived.
    Looks great. I've PM'd. Cheers!

12. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Might have a deal pending here.

13. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    And sold.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021