TRADED Beautiful Ken Smith BT6G vintage shape with beautiful figured flame maple top

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joseph Mai, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Joseph Mai

Joseph Mai Inactive

Feb 23, 2017
    Price:
    Strings:
    For sale is this beautiful 17 year old Ken Smith vintage shape in matte finish. You are not just looking at another Ken Smith. This is THE Smith you have been looking for. If you are into Smith basses, you already know all the BT models or vintage shape came in lacquer finish; this custom bass, however, features a beautiful oil matte finish, not to mention the 3D highly figured exhibition flame top.

The bass is in near-perfect condition even though the wood got some maturity on it. It has been taken excellent care and you will be stunned when you actually see the bass in person. The top is 3D figured flame maple. When you change the angle you will actually see the wood grain changing as well.

The body is Maple with Walnut core just like how it would be on a White Tiger Smith. The tone of this thing is ridiculously beautiful! If you are into vintage instruments, you would appreciate the fact that on an older instrument, under great care, the real tone is being shaped over the years. It beat any Smith's that I have ever heard and I can't explain the magic behind it.. It could be the perfect combination of wood throughout the aging process. All the electronics work flawlessly. The action of the bass is extremely low without any buzzing.

I absolutely love this bass but have been playing 5 string basses for a long time and now I don't think I can adapt to this 6 string monster neck just yet.. so I think I will let this go so I can fund a 5 string Fodera. The bass will come with the original Ken Smith hard case and Ken Smith strap with straplocks. Also the hex keys and polish cloth, polish liquid is included.

Lastly, forgive me for my English, If you are unclear about any of these things, please ask me so I can clarify to you. Thank you for your time!

IMG_2709.JPG IMG_2637.JPG 2C6541AC-CD52-4F99-BC56-57748D25CDDE.JPG IMG_2710.JPG IMG_2743.JPG IMG_2734.JPG

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
    Jerry Twyford, dooft11 and seang15 like this.
  2. Sosa

Sosa Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2013
    San Diego
    This bass is Sexy!!! GLWTS

Joseph Mai likes this.
  3. There's nothing like the sound of a Smith! AWESOME bass you have there!

Joseph Mai likes this.
  4. Joseph Mai

Joseph Mai Inactive

Feb 23, 2017
    In deed. This is a very rare bass. All the BT models or vintage shape come in lacquer finishes. But this one came in matte finish. This bass is a custom one with highly figured 3D flame maple exhibition top. It would be very difficult to find something similar to this.

ivlucas likes this.
  5. alkaloid

alkaloid Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2005
    Lubbock, Texas
  6. Brutus74

Brutus74 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Wow

7. tonykbass

tonykbass

Feb 20, 2008
    Scale length and spacing pls....

8. kerrycares

kerrycares Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Howell, Michigan
    Weight?

9. kerrycares

kerrycares Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2006
    Howell, Michigan
    PM

10. Joseph Mai

Joseph Mai Inactive

Feb 23, 2017
    This bass is unavailable until futher notice. Thank you all for your interest. The new pending owner will be thrill!

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 1, 2021