1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Beautiful Midnight Wine Fender Jazz w/Pearloid PG, CS60's PUPs, RW fretboard

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by dagrev, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Sold

Help save a marriage! Beautiful Midnight Wine Jazz w/pearloid pickguard ‘05 MIM w/several upgrades

The upgrades include:
    + Fender Custom Shop 60’s pickups ($159.99 new at Musicians Friend and $100 used)
    + 70’s style tuners from a Geddy Lee which stay in tune and are much better than the originals.
    + White pearloid pickguard

The CS 60’s brought this thing to life. These are great PUPs. It has a great, punchy tone. I love playing this but have bought several new ones and so this one is up for sale.

Based on the serial #“MZ4….” it could be an ’04 or ’05. I’ve never taken the neck off, but was told that it was an ‘05. There are some slight imperfections on the back and the top where your forearm would go (which I’ve tried to indicate) but nothing that bothers me and I am picky. They seems to show up more in the close-up pics than in real life. Neck and frets are all in great shape. Bass has perfect balance and no dead spots that I ever noticed.

I have the original PUPs and plain white pickguard. If you want me to put any or all of them back on and adjust the price accordingly I will, but prefer to sell it with upgrades.

The bass comes with a used Levy’s padded gig bag. There is some fraying at the very top which I’ve tried to document in the pics. I have a well used hard shell case I can do but it will be extra.

NOTE: The pics show a real 70’s bridge that I will remove and replace with the original bridge. (I liked this bass well enough I put my favorite bass’s old bridge on it.) But for extra money I’d consider leaving the bridge on it.

$425 + shipping (the CS PUs are at least a $100 upgrade!)

NO TRADES PLEASE.

Thanks for looking!!!

100_1122.

100_1119.

100_0510.

100_0943.

100_0942.

100_0923.
    Dog extra! But not much!

100_0925.

100_0927.

100_0935.

100_0915.

100_0916.

2. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    I was surprised at how nice the neck is on these. I have the sister lined Fretless.:D
    Good luck with the sale.

fretless003.

3. Ubiquitous "what's the weight like?" bump.

Thanks,
    -GB

4. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    According to the bathroom scale test it's right at 9 lbs (the same as my L2000 on the scale). Of my Fenders (and a some others) it's the best balanced.

Thanks!

5. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Bump.

6. dagrev

dagrev Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Kentucky
    Possible deal in the works.....but not final bump

7. dagrev