1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beautiful Nordy VJ5 at Guitar Center in Paramus

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Oct 18, 2009.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I was in the local Guitar Center yesterday, and they have a Nordy VJ5 there on consignment. Metallic Orange with matching headstock, Bound and Blocked Birdseye Maple neck.

I never played a Nordy before, but I've seen them on the board a lot. It did not disappoint, it played flawlessly. I've never seen frets so small.

I have nothing to do with the bass, I just wanted to throw it out there in case anyone in the area was interested in trying/buying a Nordy VJ5.

The asking price was $2100.

2. cripula

cripula

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
  3. 5string5fingers

5string5fingers Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2008
    Tifton,Georgia
    link does not take you to the bass,just the used gear section

4. cripula

cripula

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    You're right, sorry. Type Nordstrand into their search - it's item 105385208.

5. Oh my...I want to drive up there so badly and give it a try. If GC would take a few hundred dollars off that price, I do not think I could resist.

6. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    I almost traded for this bass with a tb'er a little over a year ago.. I recognize the sadowsky pre/knobs and the orange/tort combination with the matching headstock. I just couldn't let my rare F-bass go at the time. Looks like a cool Nordy though.

7. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Here's the pic from the GC website

[​IMG]

8. funkybass4ever

funkybass4ever

Dec 12, 2007
    nordy's are awesome and that one is real nice

9. Our bass player has a Nordy VJ5 with Nordstrand Big Singles and an Aguilar OBP-3 preamp. Sounds tasty through the Genz Benz.