1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Beautiful P/J Bass- Built of high quality parts- Birdseye, Stan Hinesley pickups!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by squarewave, Apr 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Hi-
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

I have for sale this very nice bass. Here is a rundown of the parts:

*Birdseye maple Warmoth neck w/ pearl dots, lovely straight-grain indian rosewood fingerboard, jazz nut width, and large frets in 9.9/10 condition. Finished in tru-oil gunstock finish with Tele-bass headstock shape.
    *Bone nut
    *Schaller tuners
    *Webstrings.com strings
    *Body of unknown origin painted a beautiful metalic greenish/ goldish color.
    *Tort pickguard.
    *High mass bridge (high-quality no-name from Ebay).
    *Strap lock buttons (also work with strap alone).
    *Passive electronics.
    *Stan Hinesley pickups. These pickups are terrific. The set is a "Mojo P" with a "Hot Jazz". You can read reviews here on the forum or search them on Google. They have cloth wire and very nice cream-colored covers. HERE is a link.

It's difficult to price a bass like this one, since it is in every way equal to, or better than, a lot of $1000 instruments. Since it has no pedigree, I'll price it at $650 or best offer or trade. This price is considerably less than the cost of the parts.

Check out my feedback. Please post or PM questions. I will pack it very well, and ship promptly. I like Paypal, but other forms of payment can be accomodated.

People say a picture is worth 1000 words, so allow me to submit the following equivalent of 19,000 words.

IMG_1470.
    IMG_1475.
    IMG_1476.
    IMG_1477.
    IMG_1478.
    IMG_1479.
    IMG_1480.
    IMG_1481.
    IMG_1482.
    IMG_1483.
    IMG_1486.
    IMG_1487.
    IMG_1488.
    IMG_1489.
    IMG_1490.
    IMG_1491.
    IMG_1492.
    IMG_1493.
    IMG_1494.

2. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    That is too cool.

3. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Weight?

4. Sweet color combo. Tell me you don't want mine- I'm 90% convinced to do a proper refin & keep it.

5. Of course, an image of Peter Boyle from Young Frankenstein would have been much more appropriate...

-jb

6. PUTTIN' ON THE RIIIIITZ!!!

7. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Stan's pickups RAWK!! :bassist:

Seriously, they do. And that is a sweet looking bass. Good luck!

8. I have a gorgeous G&L ASAT, USA, blond with cream binding and a custom P-type gun oil neck. I'd consider trading for this. Bass is like new (2007) other than a couple of minor dings. I will post pics if you interested. (need to take them first!)

9. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    I'd have to play it half the time with my back towards the crowd so they could appreciate the birdseye neck. The other half I'd face front so they could see that body finish, which I suspect looks awesome under lights. What a great looking instrument.

10. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nice. I had that body for a while and the color is really cool. What you've done with it is pretty similar to what I had planned to do with it - add a birdseye maple neck..just never got around to it and decided to sell first. I like the look you've created, especially the tele headstock..classy!

11. JoshuaTSP

JoshuaTSP

Sep 26, 2008
    pm'd

12. squarewave

squarewave Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2004
    Iowa City, Iowa USA
    Thank you for all of the reponses and offers. This bass has been sold for cash (my favorite thing to trade).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.