1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beautiful Rigs Of Doom thread

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JimmyM, Sep 7, 2008.

1. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    JimmyM, your Flip-top stack really is the shiz!!!!

Very nice! :)

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Thanks. And thanks 4-string and Scotch.

Bought the Upton solely on word of mouth. I've got to play a lot of uprights in the Upton's price range since I got it, and it's a little bigger than most, but I've yet to play an upright in its price range that sounds as good. Nice guys, great work.

3. Vinny D

Vinny D

Jan 9, 2007
    Warwick, RI
    This pic is from a few years ago, I actually got to use the whole setup twice :(
    I just don't get the chance to play on big enough stages where it would actually fit:D
    DSCF0045.

It was a ton of fun when I got to use it

4. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Love the rig jimmy although the flag on the bridge of the DB is pretty tacky.

5. Break me off a little some somethin.... :D Maybe not the prettiest - but I get some sweet Thump'n from this rig. Have the Line 6 wireless and the VT Bass Pedal - but they are not in the Photo.

The P-Bass is my latest GAS Attack Wins purchase, She is known as the Chalupa Bass : ) The B-DEC is for Practice and late night headphone Jams.

IMG_3456.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    It helps hold the wireless tight. Plus I play for a lot of old people and they love that patriotic stuff.

7. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    True.

And if it helps hold things in play, keep on flaggin.

8. omg, Jimmy if you want to adopt a wonderful 21 year old son who plays bass and salivates over your ampeg rig, just PM me ;)

9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Do you do yardwork? Can you fix cars? Will you bring young girls to my gigs?

You know, B-15's aren't prohibitively expensive. The nice ones go for a bit of money, but you can get really good deals on beaters and orphaned heads and cabs if you keep your eyes open. Paid $150 for mine and it looked like hell but it worked perfectly for 7 years.

10. bassboysam

bassboysam Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Ottawa, Ontario

DSC00104.

11. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    You have given me an idea. Of course, I can't give it up until it actually happens. :p;):)

M. M.

12. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    blowinblue,

Just curious - i see that you use a foam block under your WT-400. Is this to prevent any sort of rattle in the amp? I ask because my WT-550 has this problem - and I've been looking for a way to cure it.

13. rcubed

rcubed

May 8, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Whoever has some Emperor cabs with a decent looking amp is going to "win" this thread. I do like the look of that cab blowinblue.

14. Geddy Claypool

Geddy Claypool SX J-75/Traben Neo 4 -> SVT-CL/SVT-810E

Aug 3, 2008
    Maryland
    This is definitely my new favorite thread. Big thanks to Jimmy for starting it.

Keep the good stuff coming everyone! :hyper:

15. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    I'm having low freq. hearing loss just looking at some of these rigs. :eek:

16. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    You're the first person to ask about those. They are the Auralex Monitor Isolation Pads. They actually split into four sections. I normally use the smaller two. As for isolating a head/amp from cab vibrations, they are pretty much useless. I use them to prevent indentations from forming in my rat fur or tolex. :oops: Not a worry on gigs, but at home it can be a problem if the amp sits on top of a cab for a week or longer. Sorry for my tweakiness. :oops: I had a vibration in my WT-400 when I first got it. Turns out one of the fan housing screws was stripped out by the factory. It was the fan housing that was vibrating. I replaced the screws with machine bolts and nuts. Problem solved.

+1 to an Emperor cab winning. Thanks for the high five on my EarCandy. She is a looker. :)

M. M.

17. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Yeah, so far out of a lot of gorgeous rigs, that cab stands out. It's the grillcloth. That's like really early grillcloth from the 30's. Class.

18. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the reply blowinblue.

I've had a problem with a vibration in my WT-550 since I bought it, and have been desperately trying to find a solution. I even paid to send it in to Eden, only to receive it back in the exact condition I sent it in.

Sorry to hijack the thread

19. I don't do yardwork, but I have an A+ Certification (computer maintenance in case you didnt know) so i'll keep your computer outta the shop and yes...that I can do :D

I'd die if I could get the head and cab separate like you have, does yours still light up and everything? I saw Chris Joannou with three of them at the Silverchair concert in Houston and it sounded soooooo good (I was like 20 feet from the stage) in addition to looking awesome as well. But I might have to hold off for a while, seeing as how I am in college again and jobless lol.

Thanks for the advice though, as always you're the man to answer my tube amp questions and more :bassist:

20. Mendry37

Mendry37

Oct 19, 2004
    Albany, New York
    WOW. That must have sounded amazing when you did use it. What two shows gave you that opportunity?
    Chad