1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Beautiful Roscoe SKB 3005 with fantastic Bubinga top.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chuck M, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Price:
    Strings:
    It is time to reduce my collection of basses although they are all "Keepers". Not one of them is less than exceptional but I have too many so here goes............

This Roscoe SKB Custom 5 string has a beautiful Bubinga top and sweet clear gloss finish. It has a bird's eye maple fingerboard and a swamp ash body. It is in very nice gently used condition and comes with the original hard case and all paperwork and tools. The bass weighs 8 pounds, 14 ounces and is a joy to play. The Bartolini PU's and electronics work perfectly and the tone is fantastic. That Roscoe growl and an amazing B string. It has a new set of the OEM D'Adarrio strings on it and is professionally set up and ready to go. It is a killer bass but I am playing 6 string basses and this beauty needs a new home.
    IMG_3075. IMG_3076. IMG_3077. IMG_3080. IMG_3081. IMG_3078. IMG_3079.

The last two photos are perhaps more representative of the actual color of the Bubinga. It has a very pretty top. Bubinga is not presently offered as a top by Roscoe, however, allowing $600 for the top and including other options this bass would retail for $5200 with the case. Street price would be about $4160.

Shipping in the lower 48 is included in the price. Please start a conversation if you have questions. I am really needing to reduce my collection so trades are not wanted unless you tempt me beyond my ability to resist!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  2. daddymactx

daddymactx Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2006
    San Antonio Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Wyn Basses, Curt Mangan Strings, Xotic Effects, Fireye,
    That thing looks, feels, and sounds awesome!!! I'm surprised your culling that Roscoe from the herd!!

3. basya2

basya2

Jul 17, 2010
    35 inch scale?

4. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    Yes, it is 35" scale.

5. diptixon

diptixon

Oct 29, 2004
    Atlanta
    I own an SKB 3005 and you will not find a better sounding and playing bass... this is a steal, folks... GLWTS.