1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Beautiful USA G&L 2500 w Hardshell case.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by worxforme, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worxforme

worxforme Self Actualized Bad Speller

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    I'm listing this again as my last sale didn't pan out and that happens.

For sale only:

VG- condition because it has a couple of visible dings that were there when I bought it from the original owner. The last pics illustrate the worst, with the second to the last pic showing where the bass has been repaired. The previous owner had scrunched it right on the binding and had a Luthier repair it. I usually leave those mojo marks yet it came to me that way. Minimal fret-wear, usual miscellaneous nicks and plays and sounds fantastic.

I've given up on getting my band to play modern music and my (dominating) guitar player prefers the sound of my jazz in the mix and since I don't have the energy to start my own band or argue about his old school preferences I'm selling this beauty and I will probably be selling some of my amps that don't fit the bill as well.

34" Scale. 12" radius. 17mm string spacing.

9 lbs 12oz on the digital bathroom scale.

Strung through the body with DR Marcus Millers Fat Beams, I will include a brand new set of Dunlop Nickel 45-125 so you can have the bass set up however you like it.

Includes G&L case with typical 2 bad feet but otherwise case is VG- condition. I will also include the G&L certificate and paper work that came with it.

GLL-2500027. GLL-2500026. GLL-2500001. GLL-2500014. GLL-2500008. GLL-2500016. GLL-2500012. GLL-2500015. GLL-2500011. GLL-2500009. GLL-2500010. GLL-2500002. GLL-2500022. GLL-2500025. GLL-2500024. GLL-2500018. GLL-2500005. GLL-2500003. GLL-2500030.

To be clear, I know this bass would be worth more if not for the cosmetic issues so

My price is FIRM at:

Picked up, $750 Cash.

Shipped, $750 USPS MO, plus actual FedEx ground with my discount to the 48 ($20-$45 depending on your zip and if it is shipping to a home or a business) You can go on FedEx.com to see what it would cost shipped from 48917 commercial.

Any questions let me know, I'm easy to work with so I just ask that you are too. I have a couple of real businesses with employees, a family, kids in sports and I play out a couple times a week so I will get back to you asap and I will ship within 3 days of cleared payment.

You can also call me if you want to speak to me and if I'm available I will, otherwise I will call you back asap, just leave a number and a good time to call with the receptionist. 888.969.WORX

2. Good deal.:cool:

3. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Thanks!

4. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Pm's replied.

Sorry, no trades.

5. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Pm's replied and description updated.

6. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Several Pm's replied to.

My discounted price is firm and I do know that there are other basses for sale ;)

7. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Pm's replied.

Price is now $900 but you can talk me down to $750 if you are a good negotiator ;)

Seriously, price is set low and firm so as to remove the mysterious question of "Could I have got a better price?"

I believe in being straight with people. Please be the same.

8. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Bump

9. That is an awesome bass! I've already got 2 L2500s and can't really justify a 3rd. Or can I?

10. kjpollo

kjpollo

Mar 17, 2008
    CT
    Oh go for it Jon!!! Just buy my pickups first!!!:D

11. t3ch

t3ch

Nov 17, 2007
    DC
    Oh my that is gorgeous. What's the string spacing? Hope I didn't miss it in the OP.

12. These are actually 17mm. I've verified it with high precision calipers on 2 L2500s, and I've further verified it by adding 0.5mm shims between saddles and then measuring exactly 17.5mm center-to-center.

There is always some confusion on the L2500, but it is 17mm, center-to-center.

13. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Thanks, I've added that to the description.

Easiest 5 string to transition to from the 4, plays fast, countless tones and a GREAT price.

Happy Thanksgiving.

14. driftersinc

driftersinc

Jul 10, 2006
    Flushing, NY
    How's the action of the bass? Thanks!

15. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    I like it but I'll take some other pics and post them soon so you can decide for yourself.

16. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Pics of the action. 1st is by the nut and 2nd and 3rd are the 12th fret:

actiongl2500003. actiongl2500005. actiongl2500001.

17. I can't speak for this bass, but the action on my fretted L2500 is low all the way up the neck. I measure about 1/16" at 17th fret, even on the B-string.

I really need to level and crown my frets, but I suspect that I could get as low as 3/64" across the board with a proper fret job.

18. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    Thanks, it could be set up lower than it is, I thought he just wanted to know how it was currently set up.

The truss rod is fully operational/adjustable and so are the saddles, so it should be able to be set it up pretty low and this is why I've included a set of strings so whomever buys it can have it set up however they wish.

19. worxforme

Dec 10, 2009
    LAnsing MI
    For the price of a Tribute? Someone wants this!

20. ciubz

ciubz

Jan 30, 2005
    reply to my pm please :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.