1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beautiful Warmoth neck - birdseye maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by TimBosby, Apr 4, 2009.

1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    This baby's back on the market. I had someone confirm it is in fact a "P" profile neck, not a "J" neck like I thought before.
    I bought this neck for a project but I ended up selling the body I was going to use, so now I have no need for the neck.

Note: The tuners in the pictures are no longer available. They were sold separately.

Great birdseye maple, nice figuring. This neck would be around $400 new from Warmoth. However, with that in mind, there are two cosmetic issues you should know about:

1. On the back of the tuners there are some indentations indicating that the tuners had at one time been moved and the old holes plugged... Not that noticeable, and only visible form the back...see pics, but keep in mind the black Schaller tuners are no longer on the bass.

2. The original bolt holes on at the heel were doweled and new ones drilled. For Fender style basses I'd recommend using the original holes.

Other than the 2 modifications disclosed above, the neck is in excellent shape, and as you can see, it's beautiful. Great figuring.

Because of the modified nature of this neck, I'll let it go for only $175 shipped (lower 48.) I am willing to ship internationally, if you pay shipping (obviously it will vary by location.)

E-mail me or PM me with interest or questions.

As far as trades, I'm kind of looking for an inexpensive 35" scale 5-string bass. But I'm being kind of picky about what I want. Feel free to PM me with any offer though - the worst I can say is no.

Pics:

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd252/TimBosby/Birdseye maple neck/

2. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Bump.

3. superfunk47

superfunk47

Sep 9, 2007
    Finished/unfinished?

You have a PM, BTW :)

4. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    It's finished with a nice shiny but natural looking and not-too-thick gloss. PM replied.

5. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    On hold pending payment.