Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Beautiful Warmoths for sale

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by drivenmore, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Check out the following:

1) Warmoth Deluxe 5 fretted - Swamp ash Jazz body with a BRAZILIAN ROSEWOOD top, maple neck with pao ferro fretboard and quilted maple headstock overlay. Black hardware, Schaller bridge. 1 3/4" width graphite nut. Currently has passive Carvin jazz pickups in it. My first put-together bass, has 4 screw holes by the output jack where I switched from a square jack plate to a electrosocket. Body has a rubbed-on poly coat. Dunlop straplocks.

2) Warmoth Deluxe 5 fretless - Swamp ash Jazz body with incredible SPALTED MAPLE top (factory bound and clear-coated), wenge neck with pao ferro fingerboard. Gold hardware, Schaller bridge. 1 7/8" width brass nut. NO PICKUP OR CONTROL ROUTES. I stuck a K&K dual piezo transducer to the bridge and ran it straight to the output jack. Needless to say, it doesn't quite do the trick. I've recorded with it using a K&K mini outboard preamp and some tweaking, and have been able to get a wonderful sound (I'll include the preamp). Unamplified, this baby absolutely sings. With the proper piezo-equipped bridge, it would be unstoppable. Dunlop straplocks. One chip in the clear coat on the body, barely noticeable.

I put about $1000 into each of these basses. It's just my poor assembly skills that have not given them their proper due.

I'm open to offers, and possible trades. Otherwise, I'll probably disassemble and sell the pieces parts on eBay.

Pics of Warmoth basses

2. witness

witness Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Arizona
    Check your mail, I made an offer

Roc