1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Beautiful Warrior Six String Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Taps07, Feb 18, 2016.

1. Taps07

Taps07

Sep 16, 2008
    Price:
    $2500.00
    Strings:
    Asking for Trades/$2500.00 OBO

Hello fellow TBers. I have an awesome Warrior 6 string bass here Built back in 2000 with an incredible 30 year aged Redwood burl top and flamed mahogany wings. The neck is a 3 piece flamed mahogany/purpleheart with maple stringers. Ebony fretboard 24 fret 34"scale & weighs roughly 11.5 pounds.

For electronics I have upgraded from Active EMG 45DC & EMG Pre amp to Bartolini's XXM56C-T & XXM56M-B pickups and Pre amp.

* note the I am not the original owner of this bass and thus do not have insight to why the the electronics were originally replaced. I swapped out EMG's because I'm just not a fan to be honest. However If you are I still have the EMG's, both Pups and pre and will be more then happy to include them.

*In addition, the original bridge was removed and replaced with one listed below. B & E strings would run through body but don't with current bridge.
    I don't know why piezo bridge was installed and if it is hooked up. no additional electronics look to be added. This is not my area of expertise so please feel free to ask questions or give insight.

I have been in conversation with JD from Warrior for some time and was in the process of getting one of their Hipshot bridges to take advantage of the thru body design for the B & E strings but never gotten around to placing the order in light of life having its way with my wallet. However, I have had this bass insured through Warrior's Warrior Care Program and has roughly 3 more years of service that I will include with this bass (just ask me for more details if you're interested.)

There are some dings (hardly noticeable) on the body but that is the extent of the wear and tear.

I am feeling out any possible trades so just throw me an offer. I am currently going through an unhealthy kick for single cut basses.

Attached Files:

2. Nice looking Warrior - looks to be one of JD's better builds.

So, if I understand correctly, the piezo circuit is not currently hooked up? Did you ask JD about the piezo bridge and what it would take to hook it up?

Any idea if it could be hooked up with the current preamp? i suppose the piezo bridge could have its own circuit and volume knob - but, that would require drilling for another knob (and, perhaps, finding a matching knob.)

What trades you interested in - basses, amps, heads, cabs?

Thanks,

RJM

3. Taps07

Taps07

Sep 16, 2008
    In JD's own words I quote, "It was never intended, I have no idea why anyone would install a piezo bridge on this bass.". the current piezo bridge doesn't have cut out access for the instrument's string trough body design. The NTB pre amp that is installed right now, in my knowledge doesn't support piezo. As far as trades go, I am trying to keep it within 6 string basses, haven't considered amps but im open to the idea.

4. boyet

boyet

May 15, 2007
    Miami
    String spacing?

5. Taps07

Taps07

Sep 16, 2008
    The string spacing is 26mm.

6. boyet

boyet

May 15, 2007
    Miami
    Wow! That is pretty wide. The standard is 19mm string to string.

7. Taps07

Taps07

Sep 16, 2008
    Sorry I miss that measurement. Its still a little wide but its 21mm.

8. Clef M

Clef M

Apr 25, 2016
    I have 2 Waricks (German) Corvette $$5 & a Streamer LX 6 that I'm willing to trade for your bass!!

Attached Files:

9. ThatLowEnd

ThatLowEnd Dirt, Trucks, BBQ, Whiskey

Apr 14, 2012
    Down In The Delta
    Has been/Never was
    Pm'd

10. jgolfer

jgolfer Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2006
    New Jersey
    I am waiting for a Bella 62 and recently sold my Isabella. I am selling the Rbass simply because of an issue with my left hand..must go back to a slightly thinner neck as the Warrior. I would consider a trade. It is listed on Reverb as well as Bass Gear For sale on FB. Sounds awesome an excellent build.
    Ash body, Walnut Top with Pau Ferro center. Nordstrand 3 band Pre and Nordy NJ5 single coils.