1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Beaver Creek acouatic mini bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LowEndLove, Aug 9, 2012.

1. LowEndLove

LowEndLove

Aug 4, 2012
    Just got one in the mail today :) have only had a few minutes to play with it but I'm loving it. I can tell I'm gonna be playing this one a lot ;) will post a proper review on a little bit when I have some time. In the mean while check out some pics!

Attached Files:

2. Landsharks

Landsharks

Jul 24, 2009
    Oxford, MS
    Cool bass, interested in the review. Nice tapestry!

3. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Where'd you get it? How about a model number? I'd love one of those!

4. Looks really neat. I'd love to hear how it sounds. Is the volume decent acoustically?

5. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    Hmmmm only available in Canada I see. Not bad price on the custom strings either $25.99. Can I ask how much you paid? Looks like a nice practice bass. Does it feel and sound like a true acoustic bass?

6. LowEndLove

LowEndLove

Aug 4, 2012
    Sorry haven't had tome for the review will get to it when I'm on break, but I paid 279.99. It may seem steep but the Ubass is almost 500 and this is MUCH louder acoustically. (not knocking the Ubass at all that thing is awesome.) It is awesome for practice, if a riff pops into your head on the go whip this thing out, then transfer it to electric later. It also has passive shadow pickups and comes with a gig bag :)

7. LowEndLove

LowEndLove

Aug 4, 2012
    Okay so here's my review.

Aesthetics: looks beautiful plain and simple.

Weight: light enough to walk around and play without strap, I use one anyways.

Acoustic Sound: For an instrument this small it can get playing pretty loud. I think it could keep up with a light acoustic player and a normal uke player.

Electric sound: sounds good, very acoustic sounding. I like to play over the hole for a thumpy sound. Has volume and tone controls.

Playability: you can't wail on the strings too hard but of you figure out the threshold then you're good. (took me about 5 minutes) louder with pick by the bridge obviously.

Overall?: I love the thing, i can tell with the gig bag I'll be bringing this thing everywhere.

Here's some more pics :)

Attached Files:

8. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    I have been So tempted to try one. I'm a UBass fan, and I'd really love to see what the BC does.

Can you tell us:
    1. If you are in or outside of the US
    2. Where you bought it
    3. How it intonates? I know it probably won't intonate great for the whole board, but how about up to, say, the 9th fret. How does it do? Does it intonate well enough to play out with?