Beaver Felton

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Every1TookMyName, Sep 5, 2001.

1. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I imagine Beaver is too busy making money and running Bass Central to spend much time here. Besides, he can just find out what's going on from Gard.
  2. Hell, just give him a call down in Fla (Bass Central). He's pretty good about returning calls.
  3. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Yes he is. He was supposed to stay at my home one weekend, but his trip to Atlanta got cancelled. He's a good guy.
  4. Nah, I wouldn't want to call.

He pretty much taught me how to play... I learned from his beginner bass videos. Man, that guy is good.
  5. Yeah Beaver is pretty cool. We always talk when i have a lesson with Dave or whenever i come in. He recently gave me a Jaco poster and a Bass Central shirt so you know hes amazingly nice. Do u guys know if he still plays? I never have heard him at the store because hes always on the phone or doing work. Anyways hes a great player and great guy.
  6. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    He's easy to get hold of, he answers the phone down there quite a bit. He's gotten a lot of my money. 3 basses and 2 amps worth.
  7. Jabinski

Jan 30, 2006
    I used to own a supercheesy vid of his 'called superchops for bass'. Basically a decent slap vid. He came accross as a really cool guy and his solos are literally outta this world.

Word (i always wanted to say that)
  8. I also got one of those videos... I bought the ART Nightbass because of that video... I'm sorry I sold it!!!

A great player and a great person!!!
  9. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh yes, I've read his interview on, good stuff. I have a hotlicks sampler tape which I got the day I started playing bass, it has Beaver and Stuart Hamm on it (what a combo!). Beaver and Stu (and to a minor degree, Chuck Rainey) really blew me away there.
  10. kirin

Jan 11, 2006
    Atlanta, GA
    I used to live around Orlando and frequented his shop. Super guy!

My only complaint about him is that he doesn't play out enough. :scowl:
  11. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    He does have a limitation, imagine where he'd be if the accident never happened? But then we wouldn't have Bass Central.
  12. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man

Well, call it fate. I'd love to see him on the big stages, if he'd continued his career as a musician I'm certain we'd be mentioning him in the same circles as guys like Stuart Hamm and Billy Sheehan! However, he certainly has done well with bass tuition and Bass Central!