Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Because of you people

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bayou_Brawler, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    I finally decided on what bass to order. I have a transparent orange fender american jazz bass with a rosewood neck delivering tomorrow. I'm pumped. now my stingray will have someone to play with.

I just noticed a feature on it. the S-1 switch. apparently when activated it gives it a P-bass type sound. anyone want to comment on this?

2. I believe it is a series/parallel switch. The series setting makes the 2 pickups act as one massive humbucker. It will be louder in that position and will produce a lot of "thump."

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Congratulations!!

Sounds like she's going to be a beaut!!

:)

4. Wicked!

I have a Sunset Orange P-bass. And let me tell you its a gorgeous finnish, one you dont see too ofetn i find. There is only one problem with it.. its hard to take good quality pics of it... all the pics i have found online with this colour(including ones i tried to take myself) turn out crappy.

Congrats on the bass man, your gonna love that finnish, i garuntee it!

5. I have had a go on that bass with that colour, and it is stunningly beautiful. :)

6. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    It's delivering to my office today. I'm very very excited. last night i bought a new stand for it and had it set up like a mother has the the crib and baby room ready for the newborn. i also had a talk with my 5 year old stingray and explained to her there was going to be a new baby in the house.

7. we need pics. I have never seen an orange bass.

- w00t

8. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    i'll take some when it gets here.

how can i put a pic on here that is on my hard drive???

9. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Congrats! I'm sure that you will be very happy with the new addition to your family. BTW, I PM'ed with some info about putting pictures up.

10. Unfortunately like i said it takes bad pics i find...but here is my SOT P-bass.

11. Bayou_Brawler

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    nice, i find that the finish looks more red in person

12. Agreed. :)