1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bedroom Amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lowdowndad, Sep 16, 2008.

1. I'm searching for a small practice amp to put in the bedroom.

Thinking Line6 LowDown Studio110.

Any thoughts or opinions?

Thanks,

lowdowndad:bassist:

2. Lowbrow

Lowbrow Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh PA!
    Personally, I love the Acoustic B20.
    Cheap, good EQ, and that 12" speaker does wonders for a quality bass sound.

3. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    I've been using a little Crate BX-15 in my room for nearly 5 years. 12 watts, 1x8" speaker. If I could have any bedroom practice amp, it would probably be a small GK or Markbass combo. I really don't care about my tone in my room though, I just need to hear myself louder than if I didn't have an amp.

4. I have the Line 6 amp, but I got it with the notion of playing it outside of my home. It has worked fine in the coffee houses where I've used it. My thought would be that it would be overkill for a bedroom amp unless you want all of the modeling features or have tried less expensive amps such as the Acoustic B20 and found them wanting.

5. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Korg Pandora PX4B + headphones.

Great in bed, the kitchen, etc....ha ha ha.

6. AnalogPackrat

AnalogPackrat

May 20, 2008
    CA
    Ampeg B50R. No longer in production, but can be had used for around $300. Single 12" in a sealed cab, simple setup with volume and four band EQ. Nice classic tone.

7. Thanks to all repies. I was also thinking the Line6 would be good for a "grab & go" to use at the informal BB-Q jam session.
    Usually outside backing up 2-3 acoustic geetars. With double duty in the bedroom.
    My other amp, a Carvin BR610, is kind of a PITA to grab and throw in the front seat of the car.
    Thanks again,
    lowdowndad
    P.S. to OCH, I'm with ya on the "diabetic bass player club" Type 2 now that I'm hittin' 50.

8. Gnosticbass

Gnosticbass

Dec 24, 2006
    USA
    Orange Crush 35B great practice amp. 35watts and a 12inch speaker to boot. plus some cool features like a line out and a headphone jack. I've had mine for almost 2years and I love it swear by it.

9. That Orange crush looks nice, I was expecting $700+ and its only 199.00 new GAS GAS GAS

10. fireincairo

fireincairo

Jul 8, 2008
    Yeah, I like mine. It can get loud, but sounds decent at lower volumes.