SOLD Bee Bass Hornet 5 string 2016 - 7.8 LBS light

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by funkythumb, Jan 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Price:
    $1623
    Strings:
    FOR SALE - no trades. One and only price drop. An almost brand new, gorgeous, insanely light, 2016 Bee Bass Hornet, fretted, 5 string bass weighing in at 7.8 pounds.
    I am a Bee bass artist and Fred Bolton has built me some amazing basses over the years. This was the latest Bee delivered to me in 2016. I am only selling this bass because I need $$ to pay off other stuff. Am selling this for $1,550 SHIPPED to you. Great deal.
    Specs -
    Total weight - 7.8 pounds
    Ash body
    myrtlewood top
    Birdseye maple, two octave, fingerboard with dot markers under B string. 34" scale.
    2 Honeybadger Heavy Hitter split coil pickups.
    custom, wood thumb ramp
    Bee Bass preamp - active and passive
    Volume pot - push/pull for active or passive
    pickup pan pot
    Bass EQ - cut/boost pot
    Midrange EQ - cut/boost pot at 500hz
    Treble EQ - cut/boost pot
    Hipshot tuners
    Hipshot bridge
    All black hardware
    I have included four pictures. You'll notice that in one of them there is a different pickup configuration. When I first ordered the bass, Fred put in a single, Bee humbucker that sounded great. I wanted/needed two pickups so I had him take out the humbucker and put in two Honeybadger pickups. There was a hole remaining in the body so he built an adjustable thumb ramp to cover the hole. Yes, you can raise or lower it. It's made of wood. Hence the difference in pictures.
    Fred has raised his prices since I ordered this bass. This bass is in perfect working condition and is priced to move. The price above is SHIPPED to you in continental US. If outside, you pay full shipping.
    Tonally, the bass is versatile. It has a slightly aggressive sound because of the pickups. I designed it that way to cut through my Top40 band but it's still sweet enough to do jazz gigs. Super low tension strings. Like butter to slap. Killer low B string. All strings sound even and punchy with no dead spots.
    Please look at my 100% perfect feedback rating. I don't sell junk. Paypal only. You pay then I ship. You may email me at [email protected] for fastest response.
    Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  2. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    That is baaaaaaad.

Close-up shot of the neck, by chance?

3. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Will this work?

Attached Files:

4. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    I meant the back, sorry about that.

5. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Three piece neck. Let me know.

Attached Files:

6. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Thanks! I appreciate the kind words. I've gotten good number of compliments on the bass in the short amount of time I've owned it.

7. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Three-piece, and with a scarf joint, too! :thumbsup:

8. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    i have owned two bees, and i've currently got a hornet 4 string - my next bass will be another hornet...one of the most comfortable and easiest playing basses i've owned...i love these

9. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Yes! Thank you! Tension is super easy to play. Very comfortable!

neptoon likes this.
  10. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    it absolutely is! i went with the 33 1/2" scale...it's like butter...i love it, Fred is the most awesome guy, and his basses are amazing

funkythumb likes this.
  11. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    I can't argue with that I currently have a Stringer 6, Worker 6 fretless and this Hornet 5. I used to have a Queen Bee 6 and a Queen 5 fretless.

neptoon likes this.
  12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    my first bee was a 5 string stinger with a graphite neck...that bass was amazing, too, i loved it...awesome player...i'm planning another hornet 5 - gonna be my military retirement gift to myself :D

13. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Great gift and life is short! Go for it!! If you're interested in mine, let me know!

neptoon likes this.
  14. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Thank you everyone for all the kind words!

kittywithabanjo likes this.
  15. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    If anyone needs more pics or info on this bass, please let me know! Thanks

16. jazzenfunk

jazzenfunk Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    bay area
    Weight?

17. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    Featherweight! Extremely light. Lightest bass i own. Give me till tomorrow to weigh the bass and I'll get back to you.

18. I also love my Bee, a Hybrid 4. It has a 5-piece Northern Ash neck with a real vocal quality.

19. funkythumb

funkythumb

Aug 26, 2005
    Atlanta
    7.8 pounds!!! Weighed at UPS!

20. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    Palm Bay, FL
    another bump for you...mine weighs right at 7.5/8 as well, super light! i'm thinking of getting another hornet, this time a 5, especially after seeing yours with the MM pickup...my stinger 5 had a MM in it and it sounded great,was just a little too physically big for me...the hornets are the perfect size

funkythumb likes this.