Bee Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fill, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Cool! What are the specs?

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    5 string, aero pup, aguilar obp-3 preamp, neck thru, purple heart fret board, maple/purple heart neck, walnut body, zebra wood top and head stock.

The back of this bass is killer! (not a real big fan of zebra wood, but it still looks good on this bass) The way they do the neck is very cool.

3. effbee

effbee

Mar 9, 2002
    Very cool... I'm so happy you like your BEE!!

Oh, and remember to send in your registration card so I can get you on file as a BEE owner.

Thanks man! Let me know if you ever have any questions, or if I can ever be of service to you.

Fred
    BEE

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Was just looking at your site effbee..
    Awesome man. I love how it looks like a bee! :oops:

I'd get one, but I don't have enough money to be frank.

5. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Thank you, I'll say it again, its a great bass and not a bass I was looking for. Your bass won me over. Thanks for the reminder about registration, Im bad about that.

6. Fill

Fill

Oct 5, 2004
    damm any body want to give me some money i need my bass

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    inazone, are you comfortable with the bass in a sitting position? Some have said that the design doesn't lend itself to playing while sitting. I can see by the shape how that would be a problem.

8. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    For me its fine but it does neck dive when sitting (not standing). When I use a strap when sitting, its fine again but I could see that others wouldnt like it. I play standing up both at shows and practice so its not a issue to me.

9. Fill

Fill

Oct 5, 2004
    i had no trouble at NAMM with c3's bass

10. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    My ThunderBee certainly doesn't lend itself to playing seated without a strap. Fortunately, I always wear a strap. (Oh, that sounded bad....) The bass hangs very comfortably.

11. well, I've let the Bee theread continue for quite a while without himing in... enough of that!

:p

I'm reminded daily how happy I am with my Bee. aside from its playability and tone, its looks, weight, and ability to inspire me make it an awesome instrument. I can't wait for my new Bee!

mine balances nearly perfectly. I've gotten used to playing it from a seated position, but I generally practice standing and keep my strap on the bass for seated rehearsal. some people have complained about the Bee designs for sitting, but I tend to think of it as was stated earlier: a player's bass. most of the players I know are cats who stand. almost all players I know wear a strap on gigs just to kee the instrument from falling, whether they stand or sit.

from the lows,

Stew

12. Whappo Grande

Whappo Grande

Feb 9, 2002
    Sunnyvale, CA.
    Engineer: AccuGroove Speakers & Amps
    My second Bee (the first being a Worker 5 MM style) is a Queen 6. I've owned & still own many lovely high end basses. This is by far my favorite instrument of all time & it's what I personally use to test every single cabinet that AccuGroove ships worldwide. The tones are incredibly balanced & flexible, while the playability is equally superb.

When I play live I’m almost always standing. If I let go of the bass it just stays there perfectly balance. While testing our cabinets I’m generally seated. It’s not the most balanced instrument in this position, but it works fine.

There are a few Luthiers out there that I would not hesitate in having them build me another bass & Fred is one of them.

Mark
    AccuGroove

13. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Funny you mention that. It was the El Whappo that I went in to get, then I came out with the bee bass.

The El Whappo is comming though. Great combo!!

14. then I should probably mention that I'm using AccuGroove and have been for years now. for big gigs I'm cranking through and Al Whappo and a Whappo Grande. for smaller gigs I'm using a Tri 112. the best stuff around and it sounds wicked with my Bee coming through it! Mark and David have designed and built the ultimate bass cabs!

from the lows,

Stew

15. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've always been intrigued by Fred's designs. I hear great things about the playability and sound. I would suggest to Fred that he create a new shape that is equally comfortable standing and sitting. The problem is that the curve on the bottom is much too drastic. If he were to create a softer curve than the problem would be solved. That way he'd have an even greater audience of people looking into his instruments. I know that I would. I sit most of the time because of a back injury. I've become very comfortable with sitting while playing to the point where I prefer it most of the time. I do wear a strap while sitting but still most of the weight of the bass is still on my leg.......I think a new shape, while still retaining the Bee uniqueness, would be a great idea.

16. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I know Fred has a Tri 112 and I'm looking at investing in a 112 or Jr. It seems like Bee and Accugroove is a common combination.

17. well, I think AccuGroove is the top choice for extended range players, but they could be IMNSHO the ultimate bass cabs...

:bassist:

from the slightly biased lows,

Stew

18. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

That's a hell of an endorsement. Good going, Fred

I've got to look into the Queen again.

19. effbee

effbee

Mar 9, 2002
    Actually I have a *pair* of Tri 112's, and as a matter of fact, I just finished a gig with them! :D :D :D

Simply said, they are my favorite bass cabinets ever.

You're right Eric, I'll bet 90% of my customers play AccuGroove.

Thank you, Mark! For building such fantastic cabs, and for the glowing endorsement!

Fred
    BEE

20. Bassossorus

Bassossorus

Oct 21, 2004
    CHICAGO
    thats a great idea! I love every one of your basses, and they are all so different! The more pics the better!!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021