Bee Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fill, Feb 1, 2005.

1. I'll second that!

2. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I have to give Fred a major thumbs up here. It appears the electronics in my ThunderBee have blown up.

Fred has offered to drive @4hrs up to my place to personally replace the electronics. Now THAT is customer service and standing behind your product.

Major kudos to Fred!!!!!

3. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Just a quick follow up here.

Fred came by my house and replaced the electronics yesterday. He replaced the OBP-3 with one of his new custom BeePre preamps. Again, major kudos for the customer service. And he didn't even raid the refridgerator!!...

I immediately noticed the difference. The output from the Delano's is definitely clearer and more distinct. The preamp also has slightly different EQ points that, IMO, are more flexible than the Aggie preamp. Fred has a winner here in the preamp and I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to upgrade their Bee.

I'm stoked to have the bass back in action!

4. very cool, Eric! I am dying to check out the Bee Pre, but I'll wait 'til I can afford a Drone!

congrats on getting that beautiful bass back to gigging!

from the lows,

Stew

5. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I'll second that Fred and Bee Basses has good customer service. :bassist:

6. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals, AccuGroove, Eventide, Hipshot, Temple Boards, S.I.T. strings, more...
    conicidence?

;)

i use 4 bees with more on the way

and 5 accugrooves with more on the way...

i like to call MY gear...

the YELLOW AND BLACK ATTACK!!!!

mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

7. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals, AccuGroove, Eventide, Hipshot, Temple Boards, S.I.T. strings, more...
    the GBC seems to HOOK into my lap for me it works great...

8. dude! you can't just bump an old thread and not post pictures!!!!

I'm seriously thinking of having Fred build me a bass in the near future.

9. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    And what's up with Stew's Bass? Pics? Progress? Info?

10. Go to the Bee Website or Greg's myspace... they're all over ;)

Call Fred, nice guy and getting busier as the word spreads on his basses....

11. Do all of the Bee Basses come in a 35 inch scale? Right now I'd prefer 34, and that would make me consider a Bee even more if I could get one in a 34 inch scale.

Everything else I've seen and heard makes me want one really bad... GAS is painful sometimes.

12. I'm sure 34" is available. IIRC, Stew McKinsey's BEEs were all 34" scale.

13. Thanks! :)

Hopefully a job will pop up and say "come work!" so I'll have the money to make the purchases that I want.:bassist:

14. I know, I email with Fred here and there.... one of the nicer cats I've met in this game. I've started to get some sharp GAS pains for a 6 string fretless or 7 string fretted 34" scale Bee!

Greg is on my friends list @ myspace... I was busting him for not posting the pictures here ;)

15. Fred mentioned some body mods for 2006 he wants Stew to check out when he sees him @ NAMM.

I'm waiting to see some progress as well!

16. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    i dont know how to post pictures... and all the pictures i post are grainy right now...

i will get my 3 string back after namm...

at that point i will take a family photo...

;)

17. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    i have a 33" Low F# string on prototype #2 of my GBC 9 string

i know that if you are willing to wait and discuss it

Fred would do just about anything you wish concerning scale length

i know from experience

;)

18. :)

That is awesome to hear, the more options available the more appealing a luthier/company is!

I need new job/money now.
    Thanks for the info. guys.

19. Solely for the sake of getting pictures into this thread...;)

BeeBasses.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Wow Lokire, those are gorgeous. I especially like the 8; no offence to Conklinites or anyone, but that´s the best looking ERB I´ve seen. Amazingly sleek.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021