Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bee Fretless Samples

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stewmc5222, Oct 14, 2004.

1. hey all,

if anyone's curious, I posted some sound samples of my fretless 8-string Bee Queen here:

http://www.nolabands.com/jamroom/bands/126/music.php

they were just quick improvs the week I picked up the bass and were recorded straight into a friend's computer after we had gigged most of the day.

from the lows,

Stew

2. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    Stew,

Nice stuff! Both in the tonal department and playing, thanks for sharing.

3. Nice playing Stew, I particularly enjoyed the funky little number 2. The tone on the whole is great, lots of low mids and seems like it would sit really well in a mix.

Thanks for the clips, keep groovin Stew.

4. radi8

radi8

Feb 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Sweeeet!

i love the fretless sound

5. hey guys,

thanks for the kind words! it's the same fretless that I used on the lone ballad on the new Brotherhood of Groove CD. it also appears on a track or two on a disc by a cat in Detroit named Joe Pedoc (although I think I misspelled his last name).

Fred really knows how to make a great bass!

from the lows,

Stew

6. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Sounds great (as does all the playing on your site http://www.subcontrabassist.com)!

Man, its time for me to go practice! :bassist:

Edit: Question - Are those SIT Strings on the bass? Which set? Thanks!

Marshall

7. hey Marshall,

thanks for the incredibly kind words, man! wow! I'm totally blushing...

:oops:

the strings on these recordings are actually a set of the Dean Markley SR2000 with a custom Basso low F#. I didn't have my SIT endorsement at the time.

from the lows,

Stew

8. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What a great sounding fretless! I'm constantly more curious about the Bee basses. Thanks Stu.

9. rubo

rubo

Aug 25, 2003
    Stew can you please supply the full specs on the bass like body wood, neck, fingerboard, pick-ups, even strings used.

Cheers