Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bee has a new site!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by teacherguy, Sep 19, 2004.

1. teacherguy

teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    I didn't know if anyone else has seen it yet, but the updated site is FINALLY here!! :hyper:

Jon

Oh Yeah, here it is: http://www.beebasses.com/

2. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    thats great, the old site hadn't been updated in ages, I'll check it out now.

3. Cool I was browsing the old one yesterday and thought that it needed a new skin.!!

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Looks MUCH better now. It just needs a gallery section.

5. effbee

effbee

Mar 9, 2002
    Hey Thanks! By coincidence, I was working on the gallery section today. It's under contruction, but it's on line. There will be a lot of things added over the next several weeks. Big thanks to Tom Boyles of Sound Decision Advertising for designing the site. Thanks for everyones patience while my old site was frozen up. I hadn't been able to update for months!

Fred
    BEE basses

6. The site looks great, Fred! I love the gallery idea too. I'm always up for looking at some amazing luthiery.

Will you be adding pricing for 8 & 9 string basses?

EDIT: Now that I look at the pricing, it follows a pattern. I assume the 8 & 9 pricing is the same way?

7. effbee

effbee

Mar 9, 2002
    Thanks Bernie!
    I will be adding 8 & 9 string pricing, but it does follow a pattern. Bassically, it's 200.00 per string.

Fred
    BEE

8. teacherguy

teacherguy

Feb 21, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Your gallery section is what I, and I'm sure many others, have been waiting for for a long time!
    I love your work! Keep it coming! :hyper:

Jon

9. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Now we can post fresh new Bee goodies!! :D

[​IMG]

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Fred, convince me that an oil finish is durable enough. I've never liked oil finishes. I've also never seen someone apply it under a heat lamp.

11. hey all,

sorry I haven't chimed in but things are pretty busy in my neck of the woods.

congratulations, Fred; the new site looks great and can't wait to see the gallery!

will you have a rogues' gallery, too, to feature Bee players? I'd love to see a shot of Mark playing that stunning 6 or Greg on his signature 9...

:D

from the lows,

Stew

12. fresnorich

fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    I haven't seen the old site, but the new one looks pretty good.

Some of the pics are fuzzy though, and dark. Maybe it's the black background on everything, but several of the pics seemed washed out by the flash, which you could see reflecting off the bass.

I'd work on some new pics with better, more natural lighting, but I like the overall design.

13. effbee

effbee

Mar 9, 2002
    emjazz, it probably depends on the player. For me, an oil finish is plenty durable. For others, I'm sure it's not durable enough. I like having a finish I can maintain and repair. This probably stems from the time I was changing the battery in my old G&L L-2000 and dropped the screwdriver on the bass. The finish shattered and a big chunk of it fell off... I was sick! With oil, I could have fixed that myself. Plus I love the way an oil finish feels. People all have different preferences though, and if you have never liked oil then I would steer clear of it. I don't know how common it is to apply oil under a heat lamp, but David King is an awesome luthier who gave me the idea. He says "to promote penetration and even drying". The goal is to get that oil as deep into the wood as possible. I don't get a lot of requests for it, but I think I will look into doing lacquer finishes, just so that option is available.

Thanks Stew, and of course I will have a page of Bee people! How about a shot of you with your fretless?

fresnorich, I have a dealer who takes awesome guitar pictures, and I want to get some pointers from her on how to shoot guitars. I'm pretty good at building basses, but when it comes to taking pictures of them... yeesh! Not so good! I'm trying though, and I'm certainly open to any helpful hints.

Fred
    BEE

14. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Fred

Check out the excellent writeup at Bunnybass' Photo Tips. If you've ever seen their site, they take fantastic shots with this method.

15. What is that one on the home page with the yellow and green stain!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAD! I WANT! lol!
    Thanks
    Troy

16. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma

you mean the Buckeye burl wood? looks snazzy but i would rather have a 36 fretless 8 string queen bee with a cocobolo top and an ebony fingerboard. someone get the Beano cause i got G.A.S.

17. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
    oops didn't see the home page pic. that looks down right purrty though.

18. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I still plan on getting a Bee eventually

:hyper:

19. hey all,

I have the oil finish and I'll vouch for its durability. my Queen has traveled from Louisiana to Colorado, Montana, Idaho, North Carolina, Georgia, and points further out and has held up like a champ! love it!

as to the photo, Fred, we'll talk... :eyebrow:

:D

from the lows,

Stew

20. What about Stew and his stunning 8 or maybe even Tom and his stunning 5? :bassist:

-- Tom