Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Beefcake The Mighty!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by basegetar, Dec 17, 2001.

1. What do you guys think of him? How would I go about getting the awesome Gwar tone?

2. I liked the original Beefcake, I haven't heard the new one. is he any good?

3. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    You haven't heard anything by GWAR since This Toilet Earth? I think Beef's tone is awesome and would love to be able to duplicate it (don't get me started on GWAR -- I could go on for days!). As near as I have been able to figure, he uses active basses and some distortion. He recently sold several of his basses, including an Ibanez ATK, a Fernandes Vertigo bass and a Washburn (I don't remember the model). I have seen him use a Washburn live and know that he has recorded with a Fernandes APB-4. I have seen GWAR 5 times and have been right up front for three of the five times, but actually checking out his bass and gear has not been very high on my list of priorities (leaving the pit with all of my extremities intact has been numero uno ;) ).

4. I got "hello", "scumdogs", the vid "live from antartica", and I had an old cassete copy of "america must be destroyed". but I think I heard some of the toilet album, and I don't remember liking it. maybe it's me.

5. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Yeah, I think Toilet was a "commercial" flop. The old Beefcake left to concentrate on his own band and the new Beefcake was born.

If you can find a copy of This Toilet Earth with the song "B.D.F." on it, consider yourself lucky -- that particular song was banned by the record companies and the artwork inside has been censored. :(