Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Beefy Pre amp?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RicPlaya, Aug 12, 2004.

1. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    All these Spector players have gotten me thinking. I too sometimes feel my Spector tone is a bit tinny and nasal. I have 2 Spectors one with the stock Spector Pre and the second with a EMG BQC.

My question is what Pre amp would have the beefiest, deepest tone in conjuction with EMG pups? I know some of your guys and gals have different pre amps in your Spectors or different pre amp and EMG pup combinations.

Which pre amp stands alone with the deepest tone?

2. Not sure if youve got that New Spector TonePump or whatever.. but IMO no where as good as the orginial Aggie Pre's that used to come with the Spector Euro Series.

I've got one stock on my Euro Spector.

BOOOOOOOOM..
    this should be the end of your search.... go and get one :D

3. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I had a Spector with the Aggie pre, and that thing had some serious low end!

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    The Aguilar preamp has the fattest low end available of any onboard preamp I've tried.

5. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Did you have a problem with the EMG BQC, all of my Spector's have it in them with 18v setup and there is low for days, I can only turn the bass up pass the center notch a hair or it's to bassy. The neck position is a 40CS and the Bridge is a 40DC. To very it up.