1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Been forced to sleep on the couch?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Yes - I'm a dog.

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  2. No - I'm the king of the house!

24 vote(s)
    47.1%
  3. Who cares - all I need are my carrots to keep me warm at night.

18 vote(s)
    35.3%
  1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    It's a joke that everyone makes at one point or another "I better not buy this bass or I'll be sleeping on the couch" yadda yadda yadda. Has this actually ever happened to you? I've slept on the couch when either my wife or I was sick or something, but she's never kicked me out of the bedroom.

I'm just wondering if this is as common a thing as everyone makes it sound like.

2. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I have forced my wife to sleep on the couch after I ate a sack of gutbusters from White Castle.

3. Same here...just substitute the burgers for beer and ice cream. DANGER!

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    gotcha beat... indian food and a scotch!
    :D

5. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    "You're on the couch tonight, buddy!"

"You mean next to the TV and the fridge?"

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    If she's that mad, she doesn't want to sleep in the same bed, SHE can go to the couch! :)

7. Yikes! You need Pepto before that meal.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm sure if the Qintar were married his mad hershey squirts would drive the wife to the couch.

Me? Never.

bc

9. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh
    I occassionally "pass out" on the couch.

which would bring up another question............

When you find a full beer in the morning next to the couch, do you pour it down the drain? Or do you put it in the fridge?

10. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    Sounds like five nights out of seven in Scotland :)

11. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Speaking as someone who is not married (yet), I can safely say that if my wife thinks I'm sleeping on the couch because she's mad at me, she's got another thing coming!

Fast-forward five years in the future at 11:30 PM: "Hey guys, I'm posting on my laptop from the couch again. Looks like I forgot our anniversary this time. I've managed to get the cushions just the way I like them, though."

12. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

LOL

13. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

I would never let that happen !

14. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    My wife and I gave up meat for Lent, and we've been eating alot of Indian food lately. Unfortunately, my wife is the one forcing me into the spare bedroom.

I sleep with the covers tucked in tight so none of the fumes escape to the outside. The last time something sneaked out, I was in the spare bedroom waiting for it to wear off. Half hour later, remnants still existed. I say to my wife, "how can something that brings me such joy also bring such pain! "

My wife is no longer allowed to have Simla Mirch Masala again! :spit:

15. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I sleep better on the couch than I do in bed (unless some sort or physical exertion has worn me out...:p ) So occasionally I'll sleep on the couch so that both myself (out of comfort) and my wife ( out of not being disturbed by my watching TV till 3AM and tossing and turning the rest of the time) get a good nights sleep. We have never slept apart out of anger.

So you know I voted Carrots.

16. Also known as the dutch oven. This can cause mass destruction if someone rolls over.

17. smperry

smperry Administrator Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    What Cheezewiz said. The person that's really mad storms off and sleeps on the couch. Hasn't happened in years though.

Marshall

18. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I sleep with the covers tucked in under my armpits to prevent the dutch oven. She has learned too well from me.:rollno:

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Let the sun not set with you in a provoked state.

That's been working for me for years.

-Mike

20. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    I've voluntarily slept on the couch because my wife tossed and turned too much, or because my tossing and turning were keeping her awake. I've also slept on the floor at the foot of the bed for the same reason. We've never had a fight so bad that we weren't willing to sleep in the same bed together, though, and God willing, we won't.