Been looking into the Digitech BP8, what do you guys think about this pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by omarbass, Aug 22, 2000.

1. omarbass

Aug 14, 2000
    I've been thinking about buying the digitech bp8, but I was hoping to get some opinions first. My local music store doesnt have it in stock and only get it on special order. So I guess i'll probably end up getting it off of Musician's Friend, but I'd like to see some opinions first. THanks!
  2. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Try doing a search for 'digitech bp8'...
  3. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    I have a BP8 and can say I am pretty happy with it. It is pretty versatile, and doesn't add much noise at all. Now that I am in college, I don't even have an amp in my room. I just run my bass through the BP8 and listen through the headphone out. I don't use effects too much, so I just wanted one multieffect that could handle all my effects needs. The BP8 does a good job, but the only fit I have with it is the overdrive and distortion are not as good as I had hoped.
  4. Debiolator

Aug 20, 2000
    Niceville, Fl
    I currently own the BP8 pedal and have to say that it's an O.K. pedal. When I first bought it I thought it was great because I never really knew what good bass effects sounded like, and it did give me a good idea as to which effects I use and like. If you are like I was and don't really know what effects you really like then I would suggest buying it, but if you already know what you want and are just looking for a multi-effects board I'd recommend against it. I'd suggest buying a seperate pedal for each effect you want, even though it is more costly and takes up more room, your effect quality will be much better, plus you'll be able to mix and match them in ways the BP8 just won't let you.