Been working on my webpage, please check it out

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OldCityBass, Dec 12, 2005.

1. I'm not sure if this is the right area for this post so, mods feel free to move it if necessary. I have put a lot of work into my webpage in the last week and I'd like some feedback/constructive criticism. Please check it out if you have time. :)

old city bass dot com
  2. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Looks great!

It's funny - I recognized the basses.

How you like that SWR?
  3. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Looks damned nice in my opinion!
  4. It IS funny how we get to know each other by our basses or at least the photos of them! I have had the G3 for about 3 years and it's been a great cab. I find that it just works when I'm playing with a full band. I can't really argue with that.

Thanks for checking the page out!
  5. Thanks for looking! :)
  6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    Looks good. I'm a web designer in my spare time myself (check out my site in my sig). Just a suggestion: Make sure that on your links pages, you use the target="_blank" attritbute in your code to make the link open in a new window instead of taking the reader off of your site. You do it for your cafepress store, it should be done for all external links too.

Oh and I'll take that Skyline Glaub off your hands, ya know, should you get sick of it :) hehe.
  7. Nice job! Very professional looking, not cluttered, easy to navigate. I love those pictures of the Spector! :cool:

Paul Mac
  8. Thanks fourstringdrums, I think I have that fixed now. Oh, and the glaub now belongs to a TB'er in Sweeden!

Paul, Thanks for looking! The Spector is actually my only bass at the moment,
  9. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    What bass is the black one, a Fender Jazz?
  10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

love your guitars.

11. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I like it! The navigation through the bass photos section is really pleasant. As I've said before, I'm not a fan of light colored fingerboards, but those Laklands are... [​IMG]

I also liked the Spector a lot. Those basses have such a presence. great work!
  12. Yes, a 2000 Americam Standard.
  13. Thanks guys!