Beeping Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bigmanb, Aug 10, 2002.

1. With both my little 15 watt combo practice amp and my SWR 4004 head I've noticed a beeping sound when I change the channel of my television with the remote while I'm practicing. Has anyone else experienced this? And is it bad for my head? I'm getting paranoid that the beeping is going to change the quality of the head.
  2. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    Ya, same thing happens when i practice in my room. I don't believe it to have any adverse affect on any amp (unless it doesn't like the channel your watching). Also If you get close to the TV , yr amp will start crackling and fuzzing.
  3. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Same thing happens to me when I change tracks on my CD player (using the remote.) Just some form of interference, I believe.
  4. EEbass04

Dec 28, 2001
    Lee's Summit:MO
    That reminds me of my cd player. When I sit here at the computer, I usually have my cell phone on the desk. But when the cell phone rings my cd player(even when listening to cds) gets all fuzzy and stuff. Must be some sort of transmission intereference. Don't think it hurts anything though
  5. Take your remote control and press some buttons while holding it above the pickups of your bass. It sounds cooooooooooooooooool.
  6. Yeah I have one of those headphone amps, it picks up all kinds of remotes up. It's kinda cool though.
  7. with my bass its not so much the pick-ups its the active eq that picks up the beeps, if you put the remote near the controls and push the buttons its like a techno synth bip thing
  8. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I use two different remotes at the same time to get some pretty neat sounds.