Beer and basses don't mix...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 5stringDNA, Feb 23, 2003.

1. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Somewhat amusing, but very interesting and cheesy. Would any of you actually want to paly this thing? I'd rather not advertise for Budweiser personally...BUD BASS!
  2. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    wow......that belongs on the bunnybass amusing bass archive......because it's stupid, and I hope nobody bids on it, because its stupid :rolleyes: why would someone make that? seriously....sheesh...
  3. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    Yah I agree. For some reason though, Bunny doesn't post any of the bass pics I send her..and I have foudn some seriously weird stuff.
  4. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    thats true, there hasn't been an update to the amusing bass for a while, and thats quite possibly the best part of the site...its a conspiracy i tell ya...

oh, btw, theres no single person behind the site, check out the Who Are We section....
  5. If there is anything that you could to to a bass that is more tragic, it is to associate it with the carbonated goat urine known as American beer.
  6. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Whoever gets that bass, call up the Bud corperation, and ask them for money, seeing as it's just a big honking advertisement. Ask for an endorsement:D;)
  7. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I would not buy that ugly thing, especially at that price...

...and I would definitely not be seen endorsing Budweiser, I drink beer, not Bud. :)
  8. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    That's right, if you land an endorsement with company building poor basses, you can always have similar bass custom built and put the company decal on it, but I don't think you can custom order different beer in Bud bottle.. :meh:
  9. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I saw that bass on eBay a while ago. I wouldn't but it. :spit:
  10. 5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    yah I actually just noticed the guy wanted $2500 for it..holy cow..I'll take a USA Bolt-on spector thank you very much...
  11. if i were in a punk band and liked bud id buy it.
  12. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    I'd rather have Michael Anthonys Jack Daniels Bass.
    I would rock out 10 times harder with that thing, I'd get those cables that they always used to fly around in their videos...someday....
    :bassist: :D
  13. If it was a bass that had the old Bud Man cartoon character on it, I might consider. Bud Man was an advertising slogan Budweiser used in the 70's, I think.
  14. Wait! wait wait wait!!

That's how much THEY'RE paying ME to take it, right? Cuz I could sure use the cash.
  15. pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    OK OK..i would play that bass no problem..
    and by the way im in a punk band and drink bud..
  16. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Homer Simpson voice on "Mmmmm, carbonated goat urine " Homer Simpson voice off
  17. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i wonder if the budweiser connection describes its tone too - thin and watery, with no body.
  18. rygelxvi

Jan 6, 2003
    Hey sam adams is american beer and certinaly not goat urine
  19. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

I read all the posts before I went back to look at the picture. Wow, that's one of the worst looking basses I've ever seen.

It couldn't be any more tacky.

I pictured a Fender body with Budweiser for a body paint, but that was terrible.