Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Beer Holder for Amp????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muckaluck, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Muckaluck

Muckaluck

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    This is the craziest thread but at the same time I find it frighteningly necesssary.

Anyone know of a beer holder that hooks onto an amp? :cool:

I had a crappy old Peavy head before and it had these really great grooves in the top that prevented beers from moving or falling off even when the bass was pounding.... Wait on second thought it wasn't so crappy after all. Now that I've upgraded to a Genz Benz Head, I've put it in one of the Gator Amp Bags. Awesome head and awesome sound.... just no where for beer.

I know that the beer holders for mic stands exist but is there a beer holder that attaches to a cab?

I know... stupid question, but Beer & Bass is without a doubt the ultimate alliteration!

2. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    You may be able to get one that hooks on the rack rails

3. Just get a mic stand and take the boom arm off it and use it as a beer rack :p

4. Perhaps you could stick a Z-bar between your head and cab and mount a cupholder on that.

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I've always been of the opinion that fluids and elctronics are a bad mix.

6. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    I know I could make one, it'd be pretty easy but I have no idea about any premade solutions.

7. Luke Sheridan

Luke Sheridan Commercial User

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I build guitars and sell them. Strings, too
    Bicycle store. Aluminum water bottle mount. Has screw holes drilled in it. Costs $2. Place it on the side below your electronics and grille. Add an old fashioned pop topper and you be all set.

8. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Ok not directly applicable but....

I found it amusing that the last drummer I worked with used an upturned floor mounted cow bell (ie: used a foot operated beater similar to that on a kick drum) as an ash tray. He didn't even use the cow bell but infrequently, it was primarily there as a built in ash tray on his kit.

9. tiefling

tiefling

Aug 19, 2003
    Washington DC
    i played with a guy that would wear a beer hat. it was funny the first time, then i realized hed get really drunk

10. Do what the Ox (no, the REAL one) use to do. Fasten two of the above-mentioned bottle-mounts, one on either side of your mic stand just below mic level. Fit bottles full of your favourite whatever into the mounts and aim each straw towards you (same orientation and height as the mic). Even if you don't sing, you can slurp or blow bubbles and be heard by the audience. Enjoy!

11. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    i was thinking about this last gig. I had a cup of water and i wanted to put it somewhere where it wouldn't get spilled. I imagined a little cup-shaped depression built into the amp. I thought that would be cool.

12. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I think you better patent that idea, before someone other than you gets rich off of it!!!

13. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    *runs to the patent office* ahahahaha

14. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
  15. Pete K

Pete K

Oct 16, 2005
    My solution- drink the beer. ;)

16. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    [​IMG]

17. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Back in the 80s when amps still typically had a strap on top, there was a device called "The Headkeeper" that had a coaster for a beverage, a small tray for picks, etc. and a small space for a guitarist to stash his slide. Still have it somewhere, but haven't used it for over 15 years....

18. GSPLBASSDC

GSPLBASSDC

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Musician's Friend is indeed your friend....... ;)

19. Great, now when you figure this dilemma out, let's get a beer holder for my tackle box, too. :D

20. Sungodv

Sungodv

Mar 27, 2005
    Colorado
    I still have and use mine from the early '80's. It's plastic so it's babied big time to keep it in shape. I play through an '84 Peavey Mark IV head (they are still very popular on eBay) in smaller venues. I mounted a strap to the top of my big rig bi-amped Carvin just for the HeadKeeper! It was a superb invention!