1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beer Olympics

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Ben Lesser, Sep 24, 2008.

1. I have been signed up by some friends to participate in some Beer Olympics 2 weeks from now. I have no idea about what I'm getting myself into. :atoz: :bag:

So I come to you to seek advice on training, and if there are any past Beer Olympians who might be able to share their experiences. :ninja:

Thank you in advance. :D

2. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Hurm... competitions tend to vary...I would train for the following games...

Beer Pong
    Flip Cup
    Ass Hole
    Quarters
    F The Dealer

And be prepared for:

Funneling
    Chugging
    Power Hour

...I hope you like crappy beer.

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I've tried out and failed for the beer olympics many times. Perhaps there's hope for me in 2012. Meanwhile, I'm still training.

4. Mike Money

Mike Money In Memoriam

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm a master at flippy cup and f the dealer.

5. I have no hope then. :(

6. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    ^ Never needed to play these games.

I have these:

7. Beer Fest!!!

8. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Beer? Where?

Whats beer olimpics? I so have to attend that!:hyper:

We don't have that kinda stuff here.I'm sure I'd succeed at something,but its on the other side of the planet.:bawl:

9. dinghy

dinghy

May 27, 2007
    Saratoga, CA
    Remember, turn the boot!

10. Back a few years ago in undergrad, a couple of my fraternity brothers and I signed up a team to compete in a local Beer Olympics. The best thing you can do is get with your team and start practicing by doing some serious drinking, and then trying to attempt the games once you reach the point where you think you'll beat any of your training partners. This means you are adequately primed for competition, and you are having quixotic visions of athletic grandeur. :scowl:

Two suggestions: don't do any driving after practice and keep a sober "coach" who can keep you focused, because apparently that is the most difficult part. :rollno:

The best bet is to build a slight tolerance which will help you keep your composure during the event itself. One suggestion, don't drink on the side during the Beer Olympics. One of our teammates couldn't continue because he thought it was a good idea to do shots in between and during events. he eventually had to bail on us because he wanted to see his beer again. :atoz:

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I've got a Gold Medal in BeerBoganing.
    but that's Winter Beer olympics.

12. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    That's the first thing I thought of too!

13. bwv1013

bwv1013

Mar 20, 2008
    southern cal
    watchout, they pour a stiff pint in London. I'll be happy to help you train for a nominal fee (resume available upon request).

14. Stigs

Stigs

Sep 29, 2007
    Richmond, Virginia
    I just got finished with the Beer Olympics this past weekend... silver for Team Germany, hoooooooo!

I forget some of the games, but we had flip cup, full cup pong, volume chug, keg stand, boat race, dizzy bat, quarters, thumper, and beer line-outs, but that's a rugby-specific thing.

Tips: Remember to have somebody order pizza and set aside the money before you're all too drunk to do so. Lots of pizza.