Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Before i Buy a Tobias............

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RealBK, Feb 28, 2003.

1. RealBK

RealBK

Feb 8, 2002
    Hi, Im thinking of getting hold of a Tobias Killer B 5 string, but before i do could someone tell me what the neck is like? I love my Spector NS5CRFM neck. How does it compare to it? Depth, Thickness of the neck, String spacing etc.

Please help!

2. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    The Tobias neck is a work of beauty. It will take a while to get used to, (maybe a couple of hours), but it will be worth it. They are relatively thin, and they feel like it was custom fit for your hands. I have had some recent hand problems, and these necks have help solve most of my problem. The killer B is a cool bass, if you get it I would hang on to it. There are not a lot of them out there.

3. The Tobias neck will be a bit wider than the Spector 5 and a lot shallower front-to-back, with an assymmetric contour that's thinner on the treble side than the bass side. Very comfortable, but not so meaty as the Spector.

Mike

4. I have a Killer B 5-string. Best bass I've ever owned. The neck action is awesome. Gibson really should have kept making these in the US.

Spectors are good basses, but I'd take the Tobias over it.