1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

...before I buy new elecronics for my bass (piezo mod.)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by jesusfreek8489, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Hey guys I don't know if anyone has tried or done a piezo mod by combining an Aguilar OBP-3 (3 band EQ) to a Bartolini MPB2-918 (piezo buffer/blend). I've been looking at the schematics for the MPB2 but it seems that they made it specific for a Bartolini NTMB. I don't want to take the risks of buying these 2 if later I can't make it work.

Any ideas would surely be welcomed, thank you.

2. A couple of suggestions for you. I don't know what type of piezo you have, but make sure it is correctly phased (meaning if has more than 1 piezo element they must be all phased the same way or they will not blend properly...how do I know this...see this thread
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534742

For electronics I would recommend you check out a Cafe Walter PZP-1 buffer/mixer or maybe consider a dtar external parametric preamplifer. I have one and it's utterly fantastic