Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Begginer Advice!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Zeppel, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Zeppel

Zeppel

Jan 27, 2005
    Hi there! My first post here :smug:
    I've played guitar for some 14 years now and actually only touched a bass 2 times! and of late i started recording my stuff and i need a bass to beef things up... i don't need a very good bass just something that i can record decently and in a year or so i'll upgrade when i can judge pros and cons of bass guitars by myself.. so.. i've been offered three second hand entry level-bass choices for about the same price:

Yamanha RBX170
    Ibanez GSR200 and
    Squier Affinity P Bass

Can anyone advice me?? As i play guitar i can't really evaluate the differences.. just remember that in a year or so i'll re-sell it so these cheap choices are the most obvious..

well, any help would be fine!

Thanks!´

:cool:

2. Broach_insound

Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    Id probably say go for the Ibanez I think they have really good low end basses but their high end basses are........meh......... so yea deffinately ibanez gsr 200

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Only you have an idea on what sound you're looking for. You gotta try them out 'cause you're going to be using it.

4. Minger

Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I say Ibanez, because well I love them, but I'd almost tell you to try SX basses...thats what I'm doing...

But I think the GSRs have Active EQs, which is pretty nice for the price...and I love the necks :D

5. Rhythmalism

Rhythmalism

Sep 25, 2004
    In order of sweetness:
    1. Yamaha
    2. Ibanez
    3. Squire

Don't get me wrong, they're all bad basses :D. But if you're going to dump them on another beginner later, the yamaha or ibanez will work for now.