1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beginner Amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by madden768, Oct 24, 2010.

1. madden768

madden768

Oct 24, 2010
  2. For 4 extra dollars you'd also have the Line 6 LowDown Studio 110. Louder, less effects and models... but I hear good reviews... I tried it and loved it (I'm a long time Ampeg SVT with 8x10 cab user...).

3. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    On this starter level, I would also look at the Line 6 and the Fender rumble series amps....

4. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I like the Marshalls and Peaveys. Do you plan on jamming with a band?

5. Andy_D

Andy_D

Nov 28, 2009
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Get yourself a combo in the 100-150 Watt range. This way when you are ready to start jamming with others you'll have something that can keep up. And make sure that it has the ability to add another cab in case you need it. While a 150 Watt 1 x 15" might seem like overkill at this point it's still fairly powerful and if you need a little more oomph you can later acquire say a 2 x 10" aux. cab. So unless you start gigging in short order or jam with others who are REALLY loud you won't soon outgrow something like this.

This is the route I've gone and it works out pretty well for jamming. You could get a 2 x 10" combo and a 15" aux. cab as well. I think the combo's with more than 1 speaker sit at a slightly higher price point though. The main thing is you may not want to buy something too small that you will outgrow real quickly. Better to spend the money now than find yourself wanting more amp 3 months from now. I think this happens to too many people.

Since your just starting check out the used market and if you decide not to stick with it you should be able to sell your gear for around what you bought it for. Plus there are plenty of these types of amps on the market. Good luck.