1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Beginner bass amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NiZire, Oct 3, 2002.

1. NiZire

NiZire

Oct 3, 2002
    I am new to bass and I got a Cort Artisan 5 stringer, so the only thing I need now is a bass amp....

I think I can get a used Trace Elliot gp7 100 watt for about 450 $, and I heard its a good combo with good sound...

I was also looking on the Vox t-25.......I heard it had a great sound, at it aint so expensive...

I saw a SWR Workingman "12 used for about 750 $, but I think it would be a lot of money for me....

I also saw a 1 stk SWR Bass amp. Studio220. 220w with a Laney cabinett 2x 10" for about the same price as the SWR.......

I looked one some other amps like the Peavey minx 112 combo and a Fender Frontman 15b combo, but I heard those wasnt so good as the other I had in mind..

The one I have most in my mind is the trace elliot combo, it aint so expensive either..... that or the VOX......

I am only going to practice home in the first place, but who knows what will happen ? =P

2. Touch

Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Hard to beat an SWR WM-12. Lots of them on E-bay. 100 W in a small, lightweight rig.

Great for practice and fine for small and medium sized shows. If you have a loud drummer and/or guitarist you will need more power however.

Add a SansAmp (Bass DI or Acoustic DI) and you've got a great, inexpensive rig.

Good luck.

3. NiZire

NiZire

Oct 3, 2002
    but I dont know if I need all that power.....

anyway, its a bit expensive too...

4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    A used SWR Workingmans 12 is NOT $750! Hell, I'll sell you a used Workingmans 15 for $450.