Beginner bass amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by NiZire, Oct 3, 2002.

1. NiZire

Oct 3, 2002
    I am new to bass and I got a Cort Artisan 5 stringer, so the only thing I need now is a bass amp....

I think I can get a used Trace Elliot gp7 100 watt for about 450 $, and I heard its a good combo with good sound...

I was also looking on the Vox t-25.......I heard it had a great sound, at it aint so expensive...

I saw a SWR Workingman "12 used for about 750 $, but I think it would be a lot of money for me....

I also saw a 1 stk SWR Bass amp. Studio220. 220w with a Laney cabinett 2x 10" for about the same price as the SWR.......

I looked one some other amps like the Peavey minx 112 combo and a Fender Frontman 15b combo, but I heard those wasnt so good as the other I had in mind..

The one I have most in my mind is the trace elliot combo, it aint so expensive either..... that or the VOX......

I am only going to practice home in the first place, but who knows what will happen ? =P
  2. Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Hard to beat an SWR WM-12. Lots of them on E-bay. 100 W in a small, lightweight rig.

Great for practice and fine for small and medium sized shows. If you have a loud drummer and/or guitarist you will need more power however.

Add a SansAmp (Bass DI or Acoustic DI) and you've got a great, inexpensive rig.

Good luck.
  3. NiZire

Oct 3, 2002
    but I dont know if I need all that power.....

anyway, its a bit expensive too...
  4. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    A used SWR Workingmans 12 is NOT $750! Hell, I'll sell you a used Workingmans 15 for $450.