1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beginner bass look little feedback...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by caustix, Nov 24, 2018.

1. caustix

caustix

Sep 27, 2018
    honestly, I played when I was 10-15 and now I'm 42. I attached a clip. Many thanks for the listen and possible critique on playing and what I'm technically doing wrong?

2. caustix

caustix

Sep 27, 2018
    Any advice would good advice?

3. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    caustix likes this.
  4. caustix

caustix

Sep 27, 2018
    lol.... I know that too well. I am too old to be bothered about negative reviews. Seriously, if it's a bad critique at least explain why or how I can better myself.

But that post was funny! Very true though. I've changed the original bass line not to much, but a little. I am curious though :)

OldDog52 likes this.
  5. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    OK. The busy drum part is not a match for the languid bass part. They don't really go together at all. If that was my drummer, I'd tell him to calm the hell down.

caustix likes this.
  6. caustix

caustix

Sep 27, 2018
    Maybe you can help? Thanks.

7. caustix

caustix

Sep 27, 2018
    So cut the drums or make the bass more busy? Thanks dude

8. saabfender

saabfender Banned

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Pretty much. Playing's fine. Like the low B-including melody. It's clever and interesting.

9. caustix

caustix

Sep 27, 2018
    When I mute the hats it seems less head wrecking!

saabfender likes this.
  10. RyanOh

RyanOh Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I didn't mind the busy drums with the bass line in that section. I found it interesting and have heard pieces like that.

I could point out some timing issues, but overall I thought it was creative. It's not an overly busy bass piece, but it doesn't need to be. That's all I have for 'technical critique'. Nothing is overtly "wrong" imo.

My feedback is: Keep doing more. Learn more music theory to help support your creativity and use the small compositions to explore.

EDIT: I also like and respect saabfender's opinion, I just disagree.

caustix likes this.
  11. twinjet

twinjet AJ, you're the MAN! Staff Member Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Moved to technique.

12. caustix

caustix

Sep 27, 2018
    Thanks for the feedback! I amended the bass-line a little and practiced it to tighten it up. I will post the entire song here soon and put the guitars and stuff in the back so you guys can hear the bass. The feedback was very helpful.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
    RyanOh likes this.