1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beginner Bass SX

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VinalTap, Jul 20, 2007.

1. welcome to talkbass! im sure you will meet lots of people here who will gladly help, as to the bass its very nice, especially for the price, might i suggest replacing the bridge and pickups as you slowly progress your skills as a bassist

2. Thanks for the help and the welcome, the only thing i will need now is an amp and that will have to wait.

3. DeanT

DeanT Send lawyers, guns and money...

There's actually a megathread about SX basses here (a couple of hundred pages or so). Search for "essex" and you'll get days of reading material on SX basses.

In short, SX basses are great starter basses. They are cheap, sound great and are easy to play. You can't go wrong with an SX as your first bass.

4. Yeah I read some of the mega thread(It's so big), but I was just looking for opinions on this particular SX model cause I know the brand is pretty good.

5. i have an SX with that same neck on it. its great, the nut could use a quick filing to lower the action but other than that it's sweet.

6. What strings should I put on this bass roundwounds or flatwounds.