Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Beginner Bassist needs a new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hamzter, Feb 3, 2002.

1. I have been playing for just over a month I play atleast 3-4 hours a day and I think I'm pretty good for how long i've been playing. Ok on to the point, The amp that came with my bass (vantage 4-string) was tiny and the speaker was broken when i got it so the store lent me one of their amps till some new ones come in and i am going to trade in the amp that the store is going to give me to get a new one and I was wondering if you fine people could advise me on what kind and size of amp i should get I am hoping to keep the price under 500 dollars american. any insights would be welcomed.

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Check out SWR's Workingman 12 or 15. Great amps for the money. There site might be down right now but you could check some of those links that Brendan posted. They will most likely have either for sale.

4. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    Your friendly Eden dealer will help you out.

5. thanks guys i'll look into them.

6. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    Anytime Hampster :D.

7. I absolutely love Hartke amps for their tone an build quality. I am picking up my new Kickback 12 120 watter sometime this week. I would recommed any member ofthe Hartke cast. They at least deserve a look against Eden,SWR,or any other amp out there.:cool: