Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Beginner Forum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DanfromCT, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Hi everyone. I've been around talkbass for an awful long time , and although I rarely post on the boards, I browse then daily for information. Talk bass has truly been like a, errr, second bass teacher for me. I have found Gobs of valueable information as well as some rather hilarious comments. I would just like to thank everyone who has been a part of talkbass; members, moderators, etc. I suppose i should get to the point of this message eh? I know that it may not be my place to make suggestions to the board, but i intend only to help. I have an idea that i feel could make the boards even better for everyone. Perhaps the addition of a Forum dedicated only to the asking and answering the questions of beginners. I think that this would make it easy for beginners to ask certain questions that may feel embarassing to ask in other forums. Also, i know that some of the more experienced members of the board can become annoyed by many of these questions. This forum would help to relieve the experienced members of this annoyance, as well as to spare the newbies of some of the embarassment. I am sure that there are many experienced talkbass members who would enjoy answering these questions (lol I know it would help to boost my own ego). I think this new forum would help make talkbass a better place for all of the member, but maybe this has been considered before and there is a reason that i can't see that it would not work out. Well regardless, thanks for considering my suggestion. - Dan

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Why not just do a search?

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I think it's a good idea. Sometimes it's hard to even know what terms to search on when you're a rank newbie. Paul?

4. Well yeah, usually a search would work, but sometimes a newbie doesnt even really know enough to know what to search for, so that can make it tough. Also i think it would be good to have a plave where beginners could all go to talk about their problems with other beginners. The only problem i can forsee is perhaps it would become a breeding ground for the inevitable newbie uprising against the rest of us. :eek: ;)