1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wanted Beginner looking for used

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by DBradley2198, Mar 27, 2015.

1. DBradley2198

DBradley2198

Mar 27, 2015
    Hello, I am looking to purchase something in the Boston area for around $1000.

2. Michael Eisenman

Michael Eisenman Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2006
    Eugene, Oregon
    What do you mean by "something"?

3. DBradley2198

DBradley2198

Mar 27, 2015
    Sorry...not much of a forum guy. By something I mean a used acoustic 3/4 double bass.

4. fleatonius

fleatonius Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2006
    I sent you a PM.
    Fleatonius

5. Hi, Thanks for your post. I'm excited for you, and that you are looking to purchase a DB. If you haven't had a chance to read the stickies yet, I highly recommend reading everything you can. It is a literal treasure trove of information. Could you elaborate for us, on what you trying to accomplish with this bass. For example are you going to be using this bass for school? And what type of music are you hoping to play classical/jazz/bluegrass/rockabilly.. etc. Do you need a bow. Do you need to be amplified? Best,

6. Please check out my Kay bass that if for sale in the classified section.
    I had it refurbished and it's in very good shape. I will through in the upright bass stand for it
    too at no extra charge if you are interested.
    my email is keys88@optonline.net