1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beginner Practice Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fuzzydice45, Mar 20, 2009.

1. I'm looking at getting a half decent practice amp to go along with my new Ibanez SRX300.
    I ebay most of my stuff simply because its cheaper, but always buy new stuff from legit ebay stores.
    There's a couple of amps on there that look ok..

Randall RX-35B - 35 Watt - 10" Randall Jaguar Speaker
    Product Page

Behringer BXL450 - 45 Watt - 10" Bugera Speaker
    Product Page

The Randall is AU$210 and the Behringer is AU$250.
    Which one would you guys recommend? or are there any other amps you could recommend in that price range?
    The Behringer also comes in a normal or aluminium cone, whats the difference in sound between them?

Any help would be great, thanks

2. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    Fuzzy, Behringer equipment doesn't get much love around T.B. I've no experience with their bass amps, but, the group I work with has a Behringer mixer we keep parked at our rehearsal space. It's went down several times and recently it's acting like it's about ready to go again.
    I'd suggest you hit as many music stores in your area as you can and hear as many practice amps as you can. There's several really nice practice combos available now. Fender, G.K., Peavey, G.C. Acoustic, SWR, Nemesis, ect. Not familiar with Randall's.
    I recently played through a Fender Bassman 100 practice combo and thought it sounded "very" good. It was alittle more expensive than the normal pratice amp but it had some nice features and better tone than most very small combos. It also had a XLR out, so if you wanted to use it as a near field monitor with P.A. support in a live band you could.
    Get one that sounds good to you and not just "cheap", you'll be much happier over the long haul.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 to everything shoot-r just said.