1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Beginner - Problem Adjusting Pickup Height on MIM Jazz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Snowman 8, Jun 20, 2007.

1. When I couldn't adjust the pups on the Jazz bass that I just bought from Joelb79, I discovered bubble wrap under one of the the pickups and a loose piece of foam under the other.:eyebrow:

Is this normal?

If not, then what is used provide lift/tension so that so that they can be adjusted? Should there be springs on the screws and foam padding or what? Can I get the stuff I need at the local hardware store?

Thanks

Ted

2. Anything that works is acceptable. All you need is something that will push the pickups up to the screws; something that is not too easy to compress so you know it will always be pushing back once it is. I use some thicker foam under mine. Bubble wrap is an interesting one, that I wouldn't reccomend.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2021