1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Beginner

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cloudkicker, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Cloudkicker

Cloudkicker

Jan 21, 2012
    Hey guys. I'm a beginner to bass, but I've played the drums for 6 years. I've recently been getting into bass a lot. I don't have a bass of my own, so I was wondering what would be a good 6 string bass for my style of music. I mainly play Periphery, Animals as Leaders, Vildhjarta, Meshuggah, and anything in that genre of music.
    Thanks.

2. tojge

tojge

Jun 11, 2010
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I would not recommend starting out with a 6-string bass, but that's just me... If you really are intent on it, any Ibanez sixer would do the job nicely, I suppose, something like the SR506, if you're strapped for cash, or a Premium (SR1206) or even Prestige (SR5006E) model, if you can afford them. :)

3. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    Dean edge 6 sounds beastly when it's set right

4. waleross

waleross

Nov 27, 2009
    South Florida
    When I started out, there were very few 6 string basses. Today the price isn't all that high either, shop around do your homework you should get one for not too much money. I recently bought a Schecter studio 6 (my first 6) but times have changed so have fun and good luck . :cool: