1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

beginning bass builder in Seattle area?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Rodent, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    Anyone over 18 beginning their bass building efforts in the Seattle area and in need of a introductory level router and table? I have a Craftsman router with 1/4" collet and an accompanying plastic routing table to donate your way as a means to get you going. The router also has a hard case. This is not for sale at any price.

This is a fully functioning router that has seen some use. It isn't Porter Cable or DeWalt quality, but it isn't a Harbor Freight bargain brand either. I recently upgraded my router and this is just collecting dust (literally!), so I'd like to see this go to someone who desires to build their own bass but could not otherwise afford to purchase a router.

PM me and I'll work a way for me to get this into your hands. If you are under 18 years old, please be sure that your parent is with you at the time of exchange.

all the best,

R

p.s. Mods - if this thread should be elsewhere, please delete it vs moving it to the For Sale forums. I'm looking to give someone in the Luthier forum a little incentive to get building, and not looking to line my pocket with any proceeds. I've received so much from this group here that this is the least I can do to pass it along.

2. Greenman

Greenman

Dec 17, 2005
    Ontario Canada
    Nice jesture.:) :hyper:

3. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    dang... if only i was in Seattle. *bangs head on table*

4. Phil Mailloux

Phil Mailloux

Mar 25, 2005
    Brisbane, Australia
    Builder: Mailloux Basses
    That's really nice, I personally woouldn't get rid of it though. You mentionned on another post you want to go pro.

I would just keep my tools, I don't know how many pro setups I've seen where they've got literally a dozen routers all setup for different jobs. you might regret giving it away at some point in time.

5. Luke Sheridan

Luke Sheridan Commercial User

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I build guitars and sell them. Strings, too
    Do u know how many musicians said that in 1991?

6. Rodent

Dec 20, 2004
    Hi Phil,

After experiencing my new Porter Cable router, it'd be impossible to return to the Craftsman for my routing needs. The PC's added accuracy with the fine tune depth is critical for things like neck pockets. While the Craftsman will get the job done, the added ease of obtaining consistent dead on accuracy with the PC has saved me a significant amount of set-up time. When it comes time to add another router (or three), I'll be looking for additional PC's for the shop.

all the best,

R

7. Rodent

Dec 20, 2004
    :D

what a great time it was indeed to have been playing in a band in Seattle ... I gotta go dig out the scrapbook and watch a few of the old show videos now (and I recently bought a VHS -> DVD burner so I can get them saved onto a more stable format that doesn't degrade with each viewing)

all the best,

R

8. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    lol i guess i'm too young to know anything about that...

9. lol... i was 3...:D

can somebody fill me in?

10. Luke Sheridan

Luke Sheridan Commercial User

Dec 30, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I build guitars and sell them. Strings, too
    Grunge.
    it killed heavy metal, until heavy metal killed grunge..

11. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    In 1991-92, Nirvana, Pearl Jam and Soundgarden came out of Seattle nothingness into being top acts, followed by record labels scouring the area looking for bands to sign. Also followed by supermodels wearing flannel shirts, as grunge was now fashionable.

12. Scott French

Scott French Dude

May 12, 2004
    Grass Valley, CA
    Taken straight from the Puleowiki!

13. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    Oh man, you're killing me!:eek: :D :D

The chilluns wuz askin', they needs ta be ejamacated.