Behold! Bongo Fury!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bovinehost, Oct 20, 2003.

1. bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I couldn't take it. I thought about sanding under the bridge on my Stingray 5, just for fun, then I thought - ah, lemme call Gard.

So I called Gard. "Gard, send me a Bongo", I said, "and not just any Bongo. Send me a graphite finish Bongo five string as quickly as you can, man, I've got a little Bongo Fever."

Gard, hoarding them for himself, claims the Bongos haven't arrived yet. But hey, he TOOK MY MONEY ANYWAY and said, yes he "said" he'd send me a Bongo as soon as they arrived at his "store".

So anyway, what say you TBers? The Musicman Bongo! I know you worship it, don't you!

Don't lie to me, I can smell the Bongo Lust coming off you like cheap cologne.
  2. Yes, I think this was mentioned in the EB forums. You sir, are either insane or have the bizarrest taste of basses ever. Either way, good luck! Your money! :D
  3. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I've never played one, but I like the idea.

All of the basses I like are an MM bridge+ a J, MM, or Soapbar Neck Pickup.

So I guess I like the idea of a Bongo, I just wish it didn't look so stupid!
  4. awsome...send pics?

them things look awsome:cool:
  5. If by 'awsome' you mean 'toilet seat' you are correct.

Not my cup of tea in the looks dept. But i imagine it will sound pretty good with those pickups.
  6. Okay, i take it back...its not so toilet seat looking in actual photos. I have to admit its not too bad lol
    Which really makes me think Ernie Ball should lose the bad pic on his site :p
  7. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB
    I played a grey/black pearloid Bongo in one of the local stores (they say it's the first one to come into Canada:eek: )and I thought it looked decent, and played great! I, for one, can't play stingrays because of the PU position. The Bongo is for people like that; I didn't get a chance to mess around w/ the EQ but it was a fine bass, no doot aboot it!:D

But for $1450 CAD, another story...:meh: :(
  8. Bovine, you should be shot for the fugly thing you call a bass!
    PSSST, just kidding!

9. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    I'm on your side on this. If they were already available, I'd have one, but since they are a few weeks out, I'm probably going to wait until my other new basses get here first.

Within a couple months, I'll probably buy a 5-string with the dual humbuckers. Kind of a like my cheap way out of buying a Wal!
  10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i am soooooooooooo jonesing for bongo too!!! i haven't the cash, but i shall own one! i may kiss the warwick goodbye.... MM is all i ever play anymore anyhow.
  11. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    what store did you play it in? I'd really like to try one of those.

12. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    i think they rock... i thought they looked rediculous at first, but now i think they look kinda cool. i bet they play and sound insane. i want one... actually, i want 4 of them.

punker trav, i was born in edmonton, my name is travis and i love punk rock. are you sure you're not me?
  13. SlavaF

Jul 31, 2002
    Edmonton AB

Avenue Guitars on Whyte Ave. They just got it in, it's a grey/pearloid black 5 string w/ dual humbuckers. Plays pretty nice.;) :bassist:
  14. I originally thought you started this thread:(
  15. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    Nice, thanks SlavaF, I'll be in good ol Edmonchuk this weekend for the RHCP concert, gonna have to hit up Avenue Guitars to give the Bongo a whirl... I'm stoked to say the least.. dual humbuckers even, damn I'm excited.
  16. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
  17. Wife really likes this (the reddish-orange ) one:

I still think they should make one with a natural wood body... that would be pimp!! :)
  18. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    now that's just flat out mean. it's like going to a strip club.... which reminds me! new thread in misc. coming up....
  19. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    hmmm, I distinctly remember..... let me search for a sec.... Ahhh HERE IT IS!!!!!!!!!! :D